Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out in a large wooded park area after work lLast night. ! I have always felt tha this was a good cache area ! I had a very mediocre hunt and as it started to get dark I was making my way back to the when I got a faint high tone . The depth indicator on my explorer was maxed out . Indicating it was at least 12 inches down . I hit rocks to begin with the first 6 inches which was unusual in this area . I was already thinkng they. Were placed there ! Got the rocks out and the signal got a little stronger . Dug down another 5 or six inches through nice loam and thought I hooked a root with my digger . Out came a plastic handle ? Huh I thought ! Being more careful I started digging with my hands and started seeing the blue top to some kind of plastic storage box ! You. An imagine my excitement and what was running through my head ! I was careful to get it out whole and as I lifted it from the crater by this time I could feel it was full and quite heavy ! I opened the top hoping for the best and discovered I had found. Time capsule ! It was dated sept 9 th 2011 911 ! Buried by a local sixth grade class ! Mostly magazines and newspapers but there was a trac phone and a blackberry in with the periodicals . I smiled and reburried it ! Maybe the next one LOL ! Thanks for looking and happy treasure hunting MaineRelic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    507.7 KB · Views: 122

ccales

Greenie
Apr 13, 2014
Minneapolis
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't imagine the excitement before you got it out. Hunts can be great even without something to bring home. Well done!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hay, I once hit a 50 cal. ammo box hidden in a stone wall. It turned out to be a Geo cache. I signed the card and replaced it. Frank...
111-1 profile.jpg

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Just a week ago I had an overload signal on the T2. It was under a massive tree at an old farmstead. I dug down and pulled out a .50 cal ammo can! Yes, it DID have money in it-$4...BUT IT ALSO CONTAINED A DEAD BIRD! Lol! Pet grave. Dang.

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't imagine the excitement before you got it out. Hunts can be great even without something to bring home. Well done!
Hey Frankn Yes I have found three geo caches now without any coordinates ! They are everywhere ! MaineRelic

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a week ago I had an overload signal on the T2. It was under a massive tree at an old farmstead. I dug down and pulled out a .50 cal ammo can! Yes, it DID have money in it-$4...BUT IT ALSO CONTAINED A DEAD BIRD! Lol! Pet grave. Dang.
Hey Pyledriver ! Yes I have found pet graves as well ! Never one with money in it though ! MaineRelic

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha...that would a cool dig..be exciting for sure.

I found a ammo box last week...was in a remote location burried under some rocks....turned out to be a geocache.

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Geocaches ARE everywhere. I used to do that off and on, and there are some areas where caches are 1/4mi apart in any direction. Even in very remote locations you can count on one or two geocaches being placed. It's also an approved activity on 'public' land. Keep current with your BP meds...lol!

Tardisian

Tenderfoot
Mar 28, 2014
I used to do geocaching in the Lake District, until my health problems meant I couldn't walk very far. Its a very good way to encourage your kids to get exercise.

We used to set up Garmin GPS with route and caches, take a picnic, and have a really nice day out. I used to let my Daughter carry GPS, She was about 13, and enjoyed the treasure hunt. Normally you take something from cache and put something in. Write a log about your search. You can also buy geocoins which you can give a mission or destination, and track online.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a pet at the beach, put him back. I haven't found a geo cache yet, can't venture that far off the beaten path now days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread