Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Put something like this on your hose end, way cheaper than a pressure washer and puts out enough force to take your eyeball out of your head :D

robert-bosch-tool-co-gt-brs-jet-hose-nozzle.jpeg

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Put something like this on your hose end, way cheaper than a pressure washer and puts out enough force to take your eyeball out of your head :D

robert-bosch-tool-co-gt-brs-jet-hose-nozzle.jpeg

He absolutely right... but it will do worse than take your eyeball out. That's exactly what I used in my backyard and I went down a long ways and fast also. BUT... I was in MI. then with sandy soil not this rock soil here in TN.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The speed nozzle would probably be as good as or better than a pressure washer. You can glue a couple fittings on a length of PVC pipe and use it that way. Also, they make excellent tools for getting sprinkler pipes under sidewalks & driveways!

gfordtx

Jul 16, 2013
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 + Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wouldn't put much faith in signals from a Bounty Hunter dependent on what model... I would get a trusted friend with a CTX, F75 or AT Pro to test the area first...

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a new pile of firewood drying out. I once found a tin top under a root and didnt think anything about it with my bounty hunter. Dont be like me, dig that sucker out.

oldsmith

Mar 13, 2014
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold, Garrett propointer, teknetics t2 se, tessoro sand shark,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just visited this thread, and in my neck of the woods no persimmon trees grow. But me being the kind of guy that try's to leave as little impact on the area that I search (poplars, spruce, and domestic trees bushes, etc.) when I get a good signal at the base of a healthy old tree or bush I use my small digger (lesch or otherwise) and carefully remove the dirt useing my hands to dig at the same time. Pull the dirt out and swing your coil again over the hole and your fresh dirt pile. Ok, your on your knees now, so its propointer time (I use a garrett propointer) stick it in the hole , make sure you cover every square inch of it. If the soil is kinda loose jam it further into the earth, if it signals you have got something and your heart will race.. Now stand up, swing your machine, take a break , have a drink of water, maybe a smoke (hey thats just me). Now your past the the point of giving up and you gotta see whats there . It might take an hour or it might take more, I have not found a cache yet but I have found many old relics this way. i hope this helps in your search and hh. Also when your done put the soil back and let nature continue its ancient course.

keith2004

Jun 16, 2012
alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
persimmon trees grow everywhere down here,you could use a hatchet to chop half their roots off in the middle of summer and it wouldn't hurt them.that being said some roots sure do put out alot of false signals at low dis / high sen settings.

OP
OP
S

Sony the Fox

Jun 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last month, I dug down to a depth of almost 2 feet using the water method (thanks for the tip btw.) but the signal always registers as deeper. It's tiresome work and the roots get in the way too. It's very frustrating always just out reach. The next warm day, which might not come for a while, I will try again.

Also: An extensive search of the property revealed that there have been people living there since 1879. And several buildings and shed have been demolished. I'm not sure of the locations.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give Google Earth a shot! You might luck out and be able to pick out the outlines of the buildings. Use the time slider too, sometimes you can see foundation outlines in the older images where nothing shows in the newer images because of vegetation etc. Hope you luck out!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread