Barrel full of Gold coins recovered in 1926. Dates 1850 and older.

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just thought this might interest some or help with research. Found it in the archives Davenport Democrat 6/1/1926

[/url] Davenport Democrat 6 1 1926 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello embrym thanks for the interesting story. It stories like these more than the famous ones deserve a little following up on.

I know of discovery of treasure was found in another area years ago and was well known. What is not well known was years later some one checked out the location with a metal detector at the earlier discovered the location and discovered another hoard of money nearby. Some times with a little luck where there's smoke there is fire....

Crow

OP
OP

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree Crow. Thats is why I like looking these old articles up and keeping them in my library until I return back to them USA. I had a friend looking up the old 1920"s prohibition bootleg stills and found numerous gold coins and silver coins. They made a lot of illegal liquor during those days and there is still plenty of gold coins to be found around those old stills and cabins.

Hello embrym thanks for the interesting story. It stories like these more than the famous ones deserve a little following up on.

I know of discovery of treasure was found in another area years ago and was well known. What is not well known was years later some one checked out the location with a metal detector at the earlier discovered the location and discovered another hoard of money nearby. Some times with a little luck where there's smoke there is fire....

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes build up your own research library. Its generally these small almost unknown or forgotten stories came some times be a meal ticket.

There must be inumerable lost cahes buried right across America. Old story of old hermits dying and lost money. 1920 bootleg loot. 1930s depression chances when people did not trust banks. the Gold Act WW2 etc... All a catalysts for caches. All can be found in clues with small stories pastered in regional newspapers across the United States.

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread