Tesoro Lobo an alternative to a PI machine?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I need some input about the Tesoro Lobo. I like to look for caches and probe rock piles in the desert usually around some pretty mineralized stuff. I cant really afford a PI machine other than maybe a MD20 Falcon so was looking for a detector for my son. I would also be using this detector.I see other members using this detector and I dont see a affordable pi machine coming out any time soon.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
PI detectors age well. Mine is 13+ years old and will still go to around 4' for a large object and 10"+ for ring size objects.
By the way, Tesoro makes a good PI. I think it is called the sand shark. Frank...-
111-1 profile.jpg

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What about an infinium?

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks frank, before I move a large boulder or dig I want to be sure there is at least a signal.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you thought about a used machine? You might be able to find what you want in a pawn shop or better yet, Craigs list. If you have "stuff" in the garage you might be able to trade things you don't want or need for a good machine with no cash outlay.You'd be surprised how many people have machines that've only been used once or twice before getting pushed to the back of the closet, and don't think about it again till they see your ad. Hope this gives you a good idea!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions