The cucu fox

Tenderfoot
Jan 24, 2015
detroit michigan
Detector(s) used
jeohunter 3d,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone I'm new to TN and new to Metal detecting I will be going to central mexico first week of feb I'm going for two weeks to spent time with my dad and one of his hobbies is dowsing I rather detect instead, any advice on how to use the jeohunter 3d will be nice I hadn't use a metal detector before some gold and silver coins and relics had been found near my town, I'll be md on flat land with high vegetation and on steep rocky hills Tks everyone. The cucu fox

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure Jeohunter 3d is the right detector to start with....

Youtub videos are nice..... but you will have to buy a CATERPILAR to start digging!

Honestly, to find coins Jeohunter is not the right machine.

let me give you an example, when I hunt for Antique coins (Before Christ period), most of the time they are located from half a foot to 2 Ft depth! Take a look at this one I've found under the sea, about 1 Ft deep: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/beach-shallow-water/448111-550-bc-coin-found-scuba-detection-ctx.html

Whatever the detector you will use, keep in mind that objects need to be BIG to be detected at > 2 ft. depth. JeoHunter won't see any coins as they are calibrate to search deeply for massive objects.

If vegetation is High and they are heavy rocks, be sure they could have been a past civilization over there. If it's the case, then start with a small coil 6/8" and try to find traces of irons. If you find some, then GOOD you are at the right place.

=> when I hunt for lost Antiques places, I always have my detector ON and try to find IRON first. When Iron has been find, then take your time and start to detect slowly...finds won't be far.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

The cucu fox

Tenderfoot
Jan 24, 2015
detroit michigan
Detector(s) used
jeohunter 3d,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tanks for the info FMR I bought this unit thinking it was just what I needed, what Metal detector do you recommend for an area with high brush semi-flat land, and hills from 6/12 pitch with a lot of small rock and apparently what ill be looking for is gold and silver coins between 2and 9 feet deep and Im also looking to buy a pinpointer md any recommendation will be great tks

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Need to buy first a "Prospecting Detector", it has to be versatile, easy to handle and very fast.
It will be a VLF detector running several fequencies
You will use use it most of the time to locate sites and make a first clean (up to 90%) of all coins and relics.

Then when done, you can use more powerfull detectors, far less versatils to "finish the job". They use Pulse induction technology, they are not/almost not able to separate trash from good targets, but they go deep and we use them each time we ha ve cleaned the house with the VLF machines.

If you bought a Jeohunter, i suppose money is not an issue for you so I'll recommend

XP Metal - "Deus" for the VLF machine, an all terrain killer no doubt about it. We almost all have one in Europe for ancient site prospection. Very light, completly wireless, so easy to handle for long hours of detection and VERY fast.

When you have cleaned up the house with the Deus you can use a Pulse Induction detector for smaller and great finds areas located with the Deus. They are 3 on the market that I will recommand: Minelab GPX 5000, Garrett ATX and White's TDI Pro.

But trust me, start with the Deus, you can't go wrong!

PS: post a picture of'the area to check which coil will be great to use....

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

The cucu fox

Tenderfoot
Jan 24, 2015
detroit michigan
Detector(s) used
jeohunter 3d,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure I will ones I'm there I'll load pics I have plans to go the first week of February

OP
OP
T

The cucu fox

Tenderfoot
Jan 24, 2015
detroit michigan
Detector(s) used
jeohunter 3d,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi FMR I was looking at the deus beginners bandle which it sells for $949 us it comes with head phones and 9" coil but no remote
There is another set basically the same but this one comes with the remote and this one sells for 1600, I was reading that you can use the deus just with the headphones or the remote or both, what kind of set up you guys have? I don't like to buy something I don't need we are talking $ 650 for the remote any advice will be greatly appreciated tks.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
There is not good or bad setup with the DEUS, there is only ONE in reality and it's based on over 4 years of experience with it:

The Remote + shaft (stock is great but quality is so so) + 9" or 11" coil + headphone WS4 now.

You can go for extra larger coils in the futur to gain surface coverage, but the "small" DEUS coil is the one to use for Antique places=iron infested.

I hunt 2 times per month with beta testers of XP Metal and this is the confs they all have, and honestly is the one that we ALL have in here.

Don't forget to buy the Cover to protect the REMOTE.

FYI Information, you can get this conf including the 3 coils of the DEUS for 1500€ (without VAT) on AMAZON.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread