H. Glenn Carson, Cache Hunting II

rickb2202

Jan 30, 2015
nuevo mexico
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeep trails to Colorado ghost towns was his book also, I think. It was great!!!.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Patti,

Your dad and I corresponded often. I wrote a column for Western and Eastern Treasures called "Cache Corner" about the time he was writing his stories for them. We bounced ideas off each other and talked about new clues and what parts of legends were too unrealistic to believe. We were going to get together numerous times, but never did. He was a great resource for me though as I wrote and searched. I don't have the reputation he has, as I wrote only for W&E and spent most of my time actually searching. Even finding at times. but never mentioning what I found, even to this day.

I just want to say I respected the man, enjoyed most of his writings, and liked talking to him on the phone. I still have notes from some treasures we both thought were real and worth investigating where I have never found enough information to conduct searches. Maybe I should write some of them down someday and follow in his footsteps, before I too pass and they get lost in the shuffle. Nah ... Just not a writer anymore. But I enjoyed his writings. :-)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya it must be hard on her, to lose so much of her dad's treasured items.

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Stuff

I Met Glenn and his wife many years ago, remember always, somethings open doors but proper research by yourself reveals the truth...

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks chirper, the promo says they resisted the urge to publish actual cache recoveries. Why
wouldn't they if they were genuine? After all that's what we want to hear about. Glenn's style
of writing is just repeats of basic info repeated over and over.

He printed a legend one time that was so bogus I disproved it without leaving my chair. IMO
filling a book with nonsense is a waste of reader's time.
I agree with you. Always enjoy your great interesting comments.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Looked over some of his books on amazon, but don't own any. As for bogus treasure stories, the ones I research (their are two main authors) I have found some that fall apart. And many others which are real. The cache finds people want to hear about are out there buried in the newspapers of the past. Almost all were accidental in nature! The real market was missed for the lost treasure material.

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
The fate of Carson's inventory and some of his personal effects isn't a mystery to all. I have a long story here if anyone wants to hear it...

OP
OP
chirper97

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fate of Carson's inventory and some of his personal effects isn't a mystery to all. I have a long story here if anyone wants to hear it...

Wonderful contribution to our hobby, Randy! I have put all 3 of your books on my Amaz Wish list. My family has enjoyed our collections of NPG newsletters, and they deserved to be edited/reprinted!

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
Wonderful contribution to our hobby, Randy! I have put all 3 of your books on my Amaz Wish list. My family has enjoyed our collections of NPG newsletters, and they deserved to be edited/reprinted!

Very much appreciate the kind words...volume 4 manuscript is on my desk awaiting edits, index, and a cover.

To be honest, I'm always thrilled when folks recognize the importance of prserving and making available again this type of material. Thank you again for the kind words...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread