Im sorry everyone is getting rained out

Evilpope

Apr 4, 2016
Griffith,In
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 350, bounty hunter lone star pro, whites trx pinpointer, Garrett ace 400, Garrett pro pointer 2, Garrett AT gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Start with a favorite setting and try it on a couple test items you bring.
If you usually hunt in coin mode ..try it.
I for having done it so long run in jewelry mode.
A couple or three notches below max on sensitivity and discrimination up to foil range .
But , you might want to dig iron on a great-lake shore.
I've ran mine ,albeit briefly, in water a couple areas and don't recall making any changes than the nearby land settings already were.
Bring warm cloths as back up just in case the wind brings air from above the water towards you....it can be surprisingly cold even with the great weather that's coming.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I really think our calendar is off! This is old fashion April weather. Maybe some how the Earth jumped a tooth so to speak. LOL
-1 PINK LADY CARD-1.jpg

S

stefen

Hard to reply while holding an umbrella plus fighting a strong on=shore wind...will check in later...

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Great weather here, considering we have about a week's worth of rain coming onshore tonight. I looked at my raspberries and I already have one turning color!

sugarcreek

Mar 28, 2016
S.C. by way of Va,Co,Pa,Fl, etc and YOUR Realtor.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Fisher F75LTD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got a lead on an old lady lives in a pre civil war home on a property where the Union destroyed a furnace. This would have been Hunter and his 18,000 troops in June 1864, Lexington Virginia. My tipster thinks there is a good chance the site is too obscure to have been searched...

Then there is the backyard to the front, where I found my first two silver coins; circa 1920s in town. Didn't have permission til now, but the owner liked the tidy way I dealt with the front yard, and when visiting and inquiring about that, I asked, and he said "Sure go right ahead"!

MONDAY NO RAIN here, and it's my day off!!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Love, love, love the rain here in Texas. Our aquifer is at its highest level in 5 years, our creeks, rivers and lakes are full and our grass and trees will be green this summer. Of course this is only central Texas. Don't wish the rain on anybody else or the 100*+ summer temps...

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really think our calendar is off! This is old fashion April weather. Maybe some how the Earth jumped a tooth so to speak. LOL
View attachment 1315374

I've been saying that to everyone for three weeks now. May has become the new April. We've gotten SO much rain it's unbelievable. It's raining again today and it's not supposed to end until Tuesday.
I'me really getting tired of this. as I recall, we had about 4-5 weeks of heavy rain last year at this time too. I didn't really get started steadily detecting until early June.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all those tsunami sloshing around the globe pushing the tilt of the earth out of wack...............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread