What Type Of Caches Do You Like To Chase/Read About?

goldenrecoveries

Oct 6, 2014
I Forgot
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What is your favorite type of cache stories that you like to go after or read about? The huge legends like Captain Kid - Beale - Peg Leg? Forrest Fenn? Or the lesser known farmer type caches?

Personally I love to read about those "legendary" caches. The stories are great, but I probably wouldn't consider chasing after them. (to me there are too many variables in the stories, and too many that were probably just fairy tales or hoaxes as I believe the Beale treasure was)

Then there are the Fenn type. I'm not into these at all. I don't know why? I guess I just like the historical treasures.

I personally LOVE the old eccentric farmer that buried his $5,000 - $50,000 in gold coins the best. Or the farmer that buried them to keep them safe during the civil war. These are my favorite "Found Stories" as well.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love unpublished stories that are told to me by family members and friends. I highly recommend that when you are out seeking jewels and coins, you bring paper and pen to take down stories that are told to you. Good hunting and good luck.

OP
OP
G

goldenrecoveries

Oct 6, 2014
I Forgot
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I love unpublished stories that are told to me by family members and friends. I highly recommend that when you are out seeking jewels and coins, you bring paper and pen to take down stories that are told to you. Good hunting and good luck.

Yes, great source. Also local history books and family biographies. I LOVE sittin in a historical library, reading a family history book, and finding a story about "Granddaddy Sam" burying his gold and nobody could find it. Maybe very few treasure hunters, if any besides me, ever came across that particular story?

Last edited:

cactusman

Nov 15, 2015
Western USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, AT Max, AT Pro, Ace 350, GTI-2500, Infinium LS, Scorpion Gold Stinger, Pro-Pointer AT, Fisher F75 LTD2, Gold Bug 2, F-Pulse, Whites 24K, TM-808, Schonstedt Maggie, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stories of the old west outlaws and their buried loot always seem to pull me in. I love history, especially of the west. The only thing with treasure stories is you really have to research fact from fiction, and realize that many things were embellished even back in the day. Either way, it can make for some good reading and it certainly stimulates the brain.

OP
OP
G

goldenrecoveries

Oct 6, 2014
I Forgot
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Stories of the old west outlaws and their buried loot always seem to pull me in. I love history, especially of the west. The only thing with treasure stories is you really have to research fact from fiction, and realize that many things were embellished even back in the day. Either way, it can make for some good reading and it certainly stimulates the brain.

Yeah - lots of times there's a whole lot more fiction than fact ha ha ha

brock957

Sep 15, 2016
Powder Springs, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Deteknex huntmate pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm just starting and haven't done any hunting yet, but cache hunting is what I'm drawn to. The thought of finding a jar full of gold or even silver coins is so exciting. Plenty of areas near by to search. Money hidden during the civil war, or during the depression when people didn't trust banks.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
heard about the victoria's secret caches?

OP
OP
G

goldenrecoveries

Oct 6, 2014
I Forgot
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Jeff's Sig = wow no one has come for my guns!! guess the sky isn't falling
raise your hand if Obama took your guns ( yeah just what I thought)
so take off your tin foil hat and stop being afraid

ha ha ha - No .......... he didn't get the guns, not that he didn't WANT to ....................... he just couldn't get it done. He DID get lots more of MY money though lol.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the dream of finding a small personal cache ( a mason jar perhaps) I am very attracted to Silver and Gold coins of Queen Victoria , so my dreams are this jar or perhaps a silver box with these Canadian or British coins .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread