Cache hunt, CTX 3030, settings?

motherlode77

Jun 20, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking for a cache of gold coins, buried at old camp site, allegedly in old glass jars, but possibly metal cans. I have a CTX 3030 (11" and 17" coils, but I will be hunting with the 17" due to the likely depth of target) because of the high amount of trash at this location, I have the CTX 3030 handbook by Andy Sabisch, but I am still new to this machine and it practically requires a PhD to operate. Does anyone have any ideas or pointers on the CTX settings which would be best for such a hunt, what I should be looking for as far as machine response? I am testing and practicing with it, but of course I do not have a jar full of gold to measure the response with. Thank you all.

Last edited:

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Response may be minimal -- dig everything untill you get well acquainted with machine and what it says. Listen very close, keep your mind on
what you are doing for best results. Don't think about the piece of pie you left at home and be wishing for it while detecting.:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

geezerdb

Jan 18, 2013
NE Oregon
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab X-Terra 705, Mine Lab GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Go with the suggested factory settings, they know best how to get the maximum performance out of the machine. And dig every target located, again the main rule is to dig every target located.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread