Found a marker tree

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you say this is an old picture. Do you know where this tree is then?

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I know where it is
Can you get a picture that is better quality than what you've shown?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Benjamin Gates

May 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like franklin said, look in the direction the Indian is looking.
Also maybe the same height as Indian. See what the Indian sees.

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not to give out your spot, but could you give us a generic area. Spanish went all the way up into Fort St Joseph in Michigan (it went French, Spanish for a day, British, and American occupation) also the Spanish were on a lot of ground in the Mississippi reaches, some of the same areas that the James gang stomped around in as well.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
North ala Madison county

There was a lot of treasure hidden in the vicinity by General Wheeler's Army after the evacuation of Atlanta. One pot of gold was buried on the banks of the Alcova River. It was found during a highway construction to replace the bridge. The man left with the gold to Alabama and set up several businesses. He later returned and purchased over 700 acres of land where the CSA Treasury Gold was believed buried on the flight South. He and his family still own this property paid upwards of $500,000. I hope he does not find it. I have looked for it several times. Maybe one more time.

OP
OP
G

growdude

Dec 26, 2004
I have found a story about hidden Spanish gold taken by the yutchi Indians in the late1600s or early 1700s and this is in the area where this was supposed to be hidden .I wonder if that's why it has the Spanish helmit above the Indian Head? Possible connection?

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Initials carved into a tree ALWAYS remain at the same height

https://www.quora.com/Do-initials-carved-into-a-tree-always-stay-at-the-same-height

00207133-81CA-4250-BFB1-CFFC05BF5430.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

growdude

Dec 26, 2004
I understand that now ,some one went to a lot of trouble a long time ago to carve it that high on the side of a steep hill there are no limbs untill about 20'up.and you can tell it's been there for a long time.

Benjamin Gates

May 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand that now ,some one went to a lot of trouble a long time ago to carve it that high on the side of a steep hill there are no limbs untill about 20'up.and you can tell it's been there for a long time.

Yes they did. The question is why? What does the Indian see up in the tree? Inquiring minds want to know.

OP
OP
G

growdude

Dec 26, 2004
I was thinking the 3 tears coming from the Indians eye maybe distance or cross 3 creeks three feathers on his head idk.hes facing a hill right by a valley

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd go check out that hill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Ala.ive seen those type trees used. I've also seen look up on stones. Maybe that's what you are supposed to do here. I know the type tree that is. Seen them used on another sites. Yes I would be looking into that hill side for a stone

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Jesuits maybe. They look up to the Father.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The three is for the trinity of God. So when looking for what they intended for you to find. Look for things in three.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread