Need some direction
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Need some direction

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

May 2019
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Need some direction

First timer here, because i need some advice and direction.

I have a situation where gold could be buried under a house, concerete floor with ceramic tiles. Question is what is best, and accurate method and tools to use to perform scans to validate and confirm to a resonable degree, including the depth.

Thanks In advance.
    vpnavy likes this.

us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    6049 times
    Prospecting
    If the house has a concrete foundation with tile laid directly over it,
    the best thing you could do is go buy some new tile and a couple bags
    of concrete.

Then, get a sledgehammer and bust that floor out and find your treasure. If you
    don't find it, then you're going to need that tile and concrete.
    chub, Mackaydon, trdking and 2 others like this.
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

us
    "We Build, We Fight"

Jan 2014
    The Evergreen State
    -Whites & Minelab-
    177 times
    You could use gpr but I might be cheaper to just do a remodel like dd said. Welcome to the site and I hope you find your treasure.

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    14093 times
    1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard zad21! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
    2nd - You might also consider posting this request on GENERAL DISCUSSION for more exposure...
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.
    "...not my circus, not my monkeys..."

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2015
    Oklahoma
    5653 times
    What type of soil do you have? You could dig a tunnel like they do in Vietnam under the house. Brace it up as you dig like you would in a mine. And once your done then finish up with a floor and you have a good storm shelter. I know you will laugh at this but my grandpa had a hand dug basement in his house in Washington state when I was a kid. It can be done. Time would be your only delay.
    trdking likes this.
    Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand. - Tribe Unknown. Those that lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. - Blackfoot

May 2019
    1 times
    Thanks all for the suggestions, I understand demo and digging maybe the cheapest and most reliable option. However, house is pretty big and we are not certain on location and depth.
    Would like to know what options do I have for a non intrusive scan. Seabees mentored GPR what would be an entry level equipment. ? Is there another type I can use?

I am researching and there is too many equipments claiming things which I find sceptical.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2015
    Oklahoma
    5653 times
    Anything cheap or less expensive would pick up the rebar in the floor so you would need to have approximate location and depth then look for a void. I'm afraid there may not be a reliable option that doesn't include labor or monetary expense.
    trdking likes this.
    Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand. - Tribe Unknown. Those that lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. - Blackfoot

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    19467 times
    I would be reluctant to even begin a demolition.

Who hid it ,and when? IF anything is still there.

A cache needs access to retrieve. Fire,flood,tornado, occupant leaving in a hurry ect..

Buried under a house could have many meanings. That's where the who and how come in.
    A drain , a pipe ,a false floor in a closet or under a cabinet ,stairwell, under a stove....Or who knows?
    Even in a wall.
    Could be a loose tile under something. Or a tile secured with caulking instead of grout.
    If removed/replaced often it could be stained lightly on edges from skin oil.

Lots of ways to hide something. But access usually factors. Being un noticed and discreet getting in or out of a cache in a hurry is a bonus.

A non destructive method of sounding the floor might help if the environment is quiet enough.
    A padded on the floor end piece of 2x4 and a mallet or light sledge to tap tap tap listening for a hollow sound.
    RustyGold, trdking and NWpickin like this.

Dec 2004
    Down in the pit
    Garrett 350 GTA
    350 times
    Quote Originally Posted by releventchair View Post
    A cache needs access to retrieve. Fire,flood,tornado, occupant leaving in a hurry ect..
    I agree here. Before I went destructive, I would want to know why someone would bury a cache in a house, under ground, cover it with concrete, and then lay a tile floor on top of it. That sounds more like what you do when you are getting rid of a body, than hiding gold you presumably want to benefit from at a later date.
    releventchair and trdking like this.
    Middenmonster

There are things you can replace. And others you cannot. The time has come to weigh those things. This space is getting hot. Whoa! This space is getting hot!

May 2019
    1 times
    kingskid1611 - I understand there will be a monetary expense, in that case what would be a reliable equipment.
    relevenatchair & MiddenMonster - I am positive there is no Access, chamber or hollow, hidden section as we built this new house ( with 3-4inch concerete floor) where an old structure was in place, now there is speculation that some gold may be buried in the ground under it, and want to know what is the best, economical and reliable method to validate at the least.

Dec 2004
    Down in the pit
    Garrett 350 GTA
    350 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zad21 View Post
    kingskid1611 - I understand there will be a monetary expense, in that case what would be a reliable equipment.
    relevenatchair & MiddenMonster - I am positive there is no Access, chamber or hollow, hidden section as we built this new house ( with 3-4inch concerete floor) where an old structure was in place, now there is speculation that some gold may be buried in the ground under it, and want to know what is the best, economical and reliable method to validate at the least.
    Just weigh everything before you destroy something. Consider the cost in money, time and life disruption vs. the chances there is really gold under the floor. Out of all the treasure legends that ever existed, perhaps one out of a thousand are true. Probably a lot less. So in terms of logic, you have to construct a rationale that takes you from an optimistic .001% to the minimum threshold % you believe it to be worth tearing up a floor in a house and then digging. And most important, remember that, "Husband digs up floor in house looking for gold; wife very upset." is Sitcom Plot #43.
    SD51 and RustyGold like this.
    Middenmonster

There are things you can replace. And others you cannot. The time has come to weigh those things. This space is getting hot. Whoa! This space is getting hot!

May 2019
    1 times
    So based on the feedback so far - none of the options seem viable except for #4

Option 1) Scan with a GPR (not sure which one, or how much that cost would be )
    Option 2) Dig randomly through a 4000 sq feet concerete flooring...
    Option 3) ....
    Option 4) Let it be

I was hoping we could use some metal detection method, I am researching on the web, and in addition to the LVL or PI detectors, I came accross these
    1) PRO Accumaster VII geological gold detector, voids located.
    2) GER-DETECT-Professional-Geolocator-Underground

Looking to get some views on the legitmacy of these devices and advise from you pros.

Thansk
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; May 27, 2019 at 06:36 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    19467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zad21 View Post
    The "best" method is research .
    Only until proven fact (vs speculation) ensures odds you can afford , no digging or demolition.

I understand the desire to recover a possible cache. (!) And how far speculation can be chased....
    I found a rainbows end once with good information. It was not pretty. The information was not the fault.

Many leads odds get thinner with more research. Many.
    Research through fact finding to prove to yourself that it is worth the effort and expense.Success depends on it.

Equipment varies with recoveries.
    Start with your head.
    Success is desired for you. Looking at a demolished floor with no recovery.... Is not.

How would you bury gold under a floor?
    When kingskid suggests a tunnel in an earlier post ,why would he?
    Remember recovery for who ever cached it.
    Digging three feet under a corner of the floor from outside the building would be easier. ?
    An already (deliberately) low spot like a cellar or storm shelter or?

We can't see the site from here.
    Corners are easy to find. Even at night when less eyes are around. What else is?
    Last edited by releventchair; May 27, 2019 at 09:28 AM.

us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    2796 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDigger View Post
    If the house has a concrete foundation with tile laid directly over it,
    the best thing you could do is go buy some new tile and a couple bags
    of concrete.

Then, get a sledgehammer and bust that floor out and find your treasure. If you
    don't find it, then you're going to need that tile and concrete.
    How large of an area is covered with tile? If you chipped out the tile it might reveal a patch in the concrete plain as day. Think, what better way to hide a patch than laying tile over it. When done retile it if required. Have you taken some bright work lights down and carefully looked for cracks in the tile or grout? Set the lights low shining out across the surface to highlight details. If something was buried and the soil wasn't compacted it would sink. Sometimes old school tools like eyeballs work best with less cost. Another trick is to spread chalk from chalk line refills and sweep to make the cracks etc. show up better.
    T.C. likes this.
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

I think I know what my last words will be....
    "Hold my beer and watch this!"

Nov 2012
    46 times
    I can pinpoint with my locator for gold first and use my ezrad gpr to see it and how deep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links