Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
13 tons of gold? Who ever made the tip should get a banner.

And in the scheme of things, the gold was probably more of an encumbrance than anything else. The gold, at current prices was worth less than $500,000,000. It took up a lot of space, was heavy and would have been hard to handle, and would also have needed to be converted to cash to be useful. The cash, on the other hand was made up of several currencies and worth a total of 34 billion Euros, which is equivalent to $37,087,001,299.67 at today's exchange rates. If the guy was smart he would have simply left the gold behind and scrammed out of China with the cash, living the rest of his life on some tropical island...that he purchased.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Force_of_Iron

Force_of_Iron

Aug 19, 2019
Formerly Ohio, now south
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmm, once you put in those numbers something started to seem like fake news.

On the other hand there is some good news: I have signed up to run for Mayor of my town this Nov

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
hmm, once you put in those numbers something started to seem like fake news.

On the other hand there is some good news: I have signed up to run for Mayor of my town this Nov

You may be on track about it being fake news. On the other hand, the NorKs are notorious for counterfeiting money, so is it beyond the realm of reason that the ChiComs do the same thing? Something to keep in mind if you win your mayoral election...:icon_thumleft:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
complete BS. Thats more $$$ than major banks have available (as a whole, not as individual branches). No way in hell a no-name "mayor" of a nowhere town in china has accumulated more wealth than many nations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions