BERKS COUNTY PA. OWNER REMOVED CASH LEFT ME THE EMPTY CACHE !
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    dd2387

BERKS COUNTY PA. OWNER REMOVED CASH LEFT ME THE EMPTY CACHE !

I've been tracking down stories about a Hessian Camp that had been in the area sometime around 1900's. While metal detecting with my DFX, I came across some old foundations. I found nails, an old horse shoe, banding from old barrels. It was getting late so I started home and as I walked past a fairly large flat rock the detector went off. I knelt over and turned the rock over and to my surprise there was a shape of a rim of a metal pot. The pot was about 8" in diameter and was filled with dirt. I dug out the dirt as fast as I could but no coins were there. This was my first cache I found, still looking !

us
    Random chance seems to have operated in our favor

Oct 2004
    Oklahoma
    49 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: BERKS COUNTY PA. OWNER REMOVED CASH LEFT ME THE EMPTY CACHE !

dd, that sucks. At least you got a pot. LOL Kinda makes ya wanna scream. Better luck next time. HH

Dec 2004
    The Lone Star State
    8 times

man thats gotta suck
    Explorer II
    Minelab Sovereign Elite
    Bounty Hunter 505

us
    Jun 2004
    Pennsylvania
    minelab products
    45 times

I work near birdsboro, seems to be alot of potential good sites around. Maybe we can get together and do some detecting one day. Good Luck Hunting!!

Kentucky Kache

Don't give up. Maybe next time the pot will be full.

us
    Feb 2005
    West Michigan
    A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
    582 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Hey!

You think that's bad!?

1 time I was detecting an old homested property that adjoined a large parcell that was used for a country festival every fall from the mid 1800s thru the early 1900s,

I had gone over the festival grounds several times before, and found lots of coins, etc. but, this day I was detecting the old homested,

I was under some large pine trees, and got a signal that about blew my ears off,

I dug down, and found the edge of a large old metal wash tub (now I'm thinking cache for sure!)

I uncovered it only to find it full of field stones approx. 4, 5 and 6 inches in diameter,

as I was pulling it out of the ground, I found another and another (3 total) and all 3 were full of the same = fieldstone

I worked for about 2 hrs digging, hualing out rocks, and uncovering these oxoxing things- only to find NOTHING!!

Better luck to BOTH of us next time!

HH

Lonewolfe

us
    Random chance seems to have operated in our favor

Oct 2004
    Oklahoma
    49 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Ahhh, someone was growing a rock garden and now you went and killed it. Shame on you LOL

Mar 2005

Dang greedy cache hiders---why cant they think of the future md'er wants to find thier hard earned money...gotta go and let us know where it was -- and not even have the decency to leave us somethin......LOL oh well you have have done better than me so far----the tip i learned was run the md over the rocks too.

us
    Sep 2007
    133 times

Yes, always leave something behind.

Conservative Cherokee "WP" (Wolf Pack 4Ever)

Jan 2008
    Louisiana
    Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
    106 times

Danny Danny Danny, You do realize some of these posts you are bringing back from the dead are several years old?
    Nothing at all wrong with going through and reading them, as some contain valuable info. But unless one has something really constrictive to add, best to let them sleep in peace.
    Just my opinion.

Feb 2008
    655 times

Gray Cloud is right Danny. Just read the posts without posting back unless
    you have something to add to the story of a cache. We all still love ya, bud.

us
    Sep 2007
    133 times

There may be new members who may be interesting in this subjects. I know that I am. There is great information for people to learn including myself to become better treasure hunters.

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County, Pa.
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    43127 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Connecticut Danny
    There may be new members who may be interesting in this subjects. I know that I am. There is great information for people to learn including myself to become better treasure hunters.

us
    Sep 2007
    133 times

Jeff
    Thanks for the thumb up. Many of these posts stated out with people seeking treasures, and then no response if they found the treasure. I want to know.

us
    Tuberale

May 2010
    Portland, Oregon
    White's Coinmaster Pro
    3428 times

I for one am glad this post was left archived.

Partner and I recently hunted a historic cache where part had been found. Found 3 different but closely associated spots where items had apparently been removed and replaced by antique glass jars with ceramic lids still on ... but holding only air. Position of the jars suggested to us that they had been placed in their positions intentionally, and concluded the cache(s) we were looking for and already been recovered, though we could find no references to them.

Early TH'ers used to hide a jar with rocks (or Dutch oven) at site where treasure was recovered. Why? To alert new discoverer that the cache had already been found. I think this was a little un-nerving at first, but kind of like the knowledge that my research was correct, even if I was a few years too late.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links