The MD Mafia? Really?

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Looks like metal detecting has gone organized crime in Great Britain. I wonder if there will be a "five families" model they adhere to, or if they go the homeless panhandler/hood drug dealer route where they take out after people who try to work on "their corner". I guess now we wait and see who turns up dead with their hands tied behind their back and a Roman coin stuffed in their mouth:

Illegal metal-detecting at English Heritage sites doubles in two years

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's only Human Nature & Common Sense.

When something is illegal, A certain Faction of the Human beings Nature is to Break The Law
whether For Money, Or Excitement

No matter what the Consequences.

That's why there are People sitting with Life sentences & Death Sentences
over their Heads. It's the: "it's illegal" ! Invite

Or call it the Dare.

If that don't work, Double Dog Dare ! By upping the Fine & Sentence,
you up the Risk, Up the Value, & Up the Ego of the Person who Gets away with it :skullflag:

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its the red button your not supposed to push some people have to push it.

OP
OP
MiddenMonster

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
When something is illegal, A certain Faction of the Human beings Nature is to Break The Law

Its the red button your not supposed to push some people have to push it.

And once the button is pushed, someone has to organize it and take control of the operation...

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's only Human Nature & Common Sense.

No matter what the Consequences.

That's why there are People sitting with Life sentences & Death Sentences
over their Heads. It's the: "it's illegal" ! Invite

Or call it the Dare.

If that don't work, Double Dog Dare ! By upping the Fine & Sentence,
you up the Risk, Up the Value, & Up the Ego of the Person who Gets away with it :skullflag:
Illeagle!?!? I don't see any sick birds, so I guess it's all good..............

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Illeagle!?!? I don't see any sick birds, so I guess it's all good..............

? I was going to Correct it, But I Don't See where I Misspelled it ?

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While the potable antiquities scheme in general is a success. There is always people who should not be allowed out let alone detect. However that said academic profession loves to beat up stories and incidents of night hawking as a organized crime.

If it was so it would be a very poorly paid crime ring for 99% of them.

There is ulterior motives here. The claim is coming from English trust. Funding. As a charitable trust, English Heritage relies on the income generated from admission fees to its properties, membership fees and trading income from (e.g.) catering, holiday cottages and shops. It also has income from fundraising and grants.

However due covid 19 and recession their income has fallen yet they have been casting an envious eye on potable antiquities scheme which pays metal; detectorist for finds. The Scheme is funded through national lotteries.

So if the potable antiquities scheme was stopped ie from bad press of allegations of organized crime? Well who would get funding from national lotteries? Why English trust of course.:laughing7:

kanacki

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday Kanacki

If anything should be exposed is English heritage disneyfication of a national historic site Tintagel Castle. The worrying thing since English History was actually founded to preserve the history of these sites. Not disneyfying a site promoting legend over the true story of site for tourists.

Is it not hypocritical for an organization promoting the protection of significant historic monuments while turning one into a fantasy theme park for tourists. Doing damage to the site then go on to criticize night hawkers damaging site when they are guilty of vandalism itself themselves?

Perhaps English heritage to make some savings they should fire the management team and CEO will all the perks thus saving thousands in corporate salaries before trying to get their hands on English national lottery funding for the potable antiquities scheme.

Crow

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread