The Blackbeard Treasure Hunt

Bloodline

Feb 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My partner and I have started the Blackbeard Treasure Hunt.
Most are not sure what to think of this hunt because of the way its started and progressed.

We (my partner and I) find the clues given to be a viable path to follow, but most don't know what to do.

So I created this very simple video (that contains no useful information) to help others.
The useful information is in the comments below.

If you need help or want to ask questions REGARDING this HUNT. ..please feel free to ask under that video.

OP
OP
B

Bloodline

Feb 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The video was used only as a foundation to continue the contributions in the "comment section".

OP
OP
B

Bloodline

Feb 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at your maps, like they are a 'body of water.

OP
OP
B

Bloodline

Feb 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Then you take a real map and try and figure out the right location to enter into the box that you encounter after the map on Blackbeard's site.

( its wise to use Windows 7 Snipping Tool and make copies of everything you see (all the clues).

Now if you did enter the right information and the box changed. Stop here and think..what just happened?
That map..like I said is a body of water..now that you entered in some location..what does that "location" represent to you? <when you understand this.. your imagination will grow and you'll be able to do this Treasure Hunt.

Actionman

Dec 21, 2013
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Excalbur 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
? Didn't watch the video, but looks like a waste of time. No information.

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contrary to what you see in the movies, Captains on pirate ships were elected by the crew based on who they believed would succeed at raiding ships. And immediately after they seized a ship, all of the loot was divided among the crew.

There is no such thing as a pirate treasure...............It was divided up and spent long ago.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blackbeard buried his treasure on Mulberry Island where Fort Eustis is today. I have a map somewhere of the treasure's location but I never pursued as permission will never be obtained.

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
There is no such thing as a pirate treasure...............It was divided up and spent long ago.

Blackbeard buried his treasure on Mulberry Island where Fort Eustis is today. I have a map somewhere of the treasure's location but I never pursued as permission will never be obtained.

He's not talking about the real Blackbeard's treasure. He's talking about the corporate "treasure hunt" that is going on now where you buy a map for $49.99 and try to find one of 10 caches of a million dollars each, hidden in various states. The caches are not in any place that is dangerous, or in or near any body of water. In fact, their lawyers have them saying that if you are looking in any place that is dangerous, the treasure isn't there. Just be advised that Bloodline is correct when he says that his video contains no useful information, nor does the comments section of his video, which is where the useful information is supposed to be found.

Here's the website, but it's currently down:

The Blackbeard Treasure

The whole thing stinks of marketing and hoovering up your personal data to enhance your treasure hunting experience.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
He's not talking about the real Blackbeard's treasure. He's talking about the corporate "treasure hunt" that is going on now where you buy a map for $49.99 and try to find one of 10 caches of a million dollars each, hidden in various states. The caches are not in any place that is dangerous, or in or near any body of water. In fact, their lawyers have them saying that if you are looking in any place that is dangerous, the treasure isn't there. Just be advised that Bloodline is correct when he says that his video contains no useful information, nor does the comments section of his video, which is where the useful information is supposed to be found.

The Blackbeard Treasure

The whole thing stinks of marketing and hoovering up your personal data to enhance your treasure hunting experience.
Agree!

OP
OP
B

Bloodline

Feb 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Blackbeard Treasure

"nor does the comment section of his video" Your wrong about that. What I told in the comments is the way to do this hunt. As for the hunt itself, I can't tell you if they are on the up and up or not. But I can tell you, based on what I've already found, my partner and I are going to see whats at the end of the clues regardless. We only live 40 miles from the location we found.

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
"nor does the comment section of his video" Your wrong about that. What I told in the comments is the way to do this hunt.

Hmmm...let's see...the sum total of all substantive advice in your comments section are:

1. Use the Windows snipping tool.
2. Look at your maps like they are a body of water.
3. Use your imagination.

That's it. You created a video that contains non useful information to direct people to the comments section of the video which says what can be summed up in three lines. And none of those lines provides any insight into how to find the supposed treasure.

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
As for the hunt itself, I can't tell you if they are on the up and up or not. But I can tell you, based on what I've already found, my partner and I are going to see whats at the end of the clues regardless. We only live 40 miles from the location we found.

OK, this is definitely interesting. You live 40 miles from the location you "found". In what state is the location where the treasure is supposedly located?

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Please find it and post it so we can all see!

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anything ever happen with this? The company running it seems completely bogus and this smacks of being a gigantic scam.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread