Ben Smith

Aug 16, 2008
Warrensburg,Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone! I’ve been “lurking” here for some time, just bought my first detector- Minelab “Vanquish 540” I went to my very first permission last Sunday before the weather went to crap here in west central Missouri. I searched a residence next to the civil war battle field of Lone Jack,Missouri. Although I didnt find anything that day (the ground was extremely hard/frozen)
I’ll be back when it warns up. As the title says, I’m looking into the civil war cache
that was buried (allegedly) in the approximate area of “Round Grove Creek” in Independence,
MO. I drive past this area day, for the last 14 years, never knew there was rumors of buried
treasure in that area. Now, this, like any other treasure legend, could be a false claim, maybe not, but if it is in fact there to be found. How would one proceed to liquidate the loot? Supposedly,gems, $200k (in civil war time gold coins/bars, etc,) I would keep some of the coins
between myself and family members, but gems/jewelry, where do you begin to luquidate that kind of stuff? Pawn shops etc?
this is all academic, unless I were to in fact find something.
the old addage I recall comes to mind:
”If you want to keep something secret, never tell anyone”
certainly wouldn’t want Uncle Sam making a grab fir anything that would come about from my “Activities”
what would you folks do with a “moral dilemma” of that kind of magnitude?
let me know what you think, I promise I won’t blast you fir criticism 😆
thank you!
Ben Smith

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread