Desert Magazine Archives

whittier60

Sep 18, 2011
phoenix
Detector(s) used
garrett
First off …yes I know that Scribd as well as 2 other individuals house partial or complete digital sets of Desert Magazine. For me it very personal to share something as simple as Desert Magazine that shaped my love for the desert in the late 70’s. My ideas have been seeded on this project for eons and for the first time i have been able to continue. I am new to this board but like many of you I am desert rat.

A close friend of mine had parents that were rock hounds and the desert was pretty much a weekly trip for them. I remember the first time I ventured to desert seems like yesterday and since my friend had the old Yamaha bikes I had no reason to say no.
We camped out by Garlock that night but what overtook me was the depth of silence that morning as the sun rose. From the usual smog filled days growing up in L.A. I was enchanted with views that I thought were sharp and clear.
His parents had in a box old copies of Desert Magazine and once I starting reading a few pages I was hooked by the desert itself and the publication.

In 1985 the magazine came to an end but as a fan of what Randall Henderson created I have never tired of re-re-re-re-reading what I have known as my escape to a place as paradise.

The last few years have seen fans like myself shrine paper copies to digital form and as of today I am amused of some of the dollars that the originals are bought at.

I know some of the issues are missing a pdf as well as a few other errors…. Will correct later in the week.

Feel free to read and enjoy….almost every issue is a treasure of info!!

http://mydesertmagazine.com/Desert_magazine_archive.html

feel free to FB me as well

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Desert-Magazine/200026223027

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx Ferret, I would also like to let people know that new issue of Dezert Magazine is available and we have some GREAT stories!!!!! I was able to find the direct source for the Lost Wagon of Whiskey story and we also dig into the Mad Conquistador's lost gold... Please follow the link and I hope you enjoy the new issue....

PLL
John Grasson
Editor/Publisher
DezertMagazine.com

oct11cvr.jpg

madcon.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread