Beale AFB / Gold Country

1955F100Mutt

Dec 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Retired military new to metal detecting & area. Need helping finding places I'm allowed to go around here to metal detect. I drove around the back roads around Camp Far West but after 4 hrs of driving couldn't find a place to detect. Willing to meet up with others in the area and go detecting.

Always been interested in detecting & now that I'm retired I have the time to do it. Best days for me are Sun, Mon, Tues.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Retired military new to metal detecting & area. Need helping finding places I'm allowed to go around here to metal detect. I drove around the back roads around Camp Far West but after 4 hrs of driving couldn't find a place to detect. Willing to meet up with others in the area and go detecting.

Always been interested in detecting & now that I'm retired I have the time to do it. Best days for me are Sun, Mon, Tues.

Welcome to the forum. I'm nowhere near that part of CA, but there are hunters in your area. You can get on kinzli forum, which is specific to just CA, and perhaps someone from your area will chime in. And there's a club in Sacramento area that's worth the drive to.

Good luck!

65f100guy

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2013
Yubaville CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 305
XP Deus
Whites MXT All Pro
Blisstool V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi 55F100Mutt, i take it that you drive a Ford?
I am also in this area. Though I did not retire, I was stationed at Beale and currently work there. What are you looking to detect. I have been hitting a couple of schools in the area and a few parks. I have been seriously doing this since september. Permissions are a bit difficult to get around here. Every where i have asked, the answer has been "sorry, no. we don't want the liability." My current quest to do some detecting on base. so far legal and the executive commander have said ok. the new housing contractor is keeping me out of there. Tomorrow, the call to legal will be for permission for the ball fields in the cantonment area. If I can get them, Ill let you know. I am still going to work the housing angle. I was brushed off by the secretary and not the actual manager.

65f100guy

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2013
Yubaville CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 305
XP Deus
Whites MXT All Pro
Blisstool V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! All I am finding here are bottle caps and pull tabs, but then again I don't have my detector with me. Too cold for it. Can't wait to get back and get some detecting in. I am still working on that Beale permission. I have another retired guy who is interested too.

BOYLE07

Tenderfoot
Mar 18, 2014
Grass Valley, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! Was that at the disc golf course/park? I'm just up hwy 20 in GV. Have you done any hunting around the Yuba south fork? With the water being so low this year, I'm curious as to what is exposed....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread