Nov 3, 2014
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_2555.JPG IMG_2553.JPG
IMG_2558.JPG

This was found in Long Island, NY in the same vicinity that two large cents were found. I’ve been able to find that the symbol belongs to the Canadian Grenadier Guard. I don’t thinks it’s a button cover. It looks like a clip of some sort. Any help with exactly what and how old it is would be great. Thanks!

OP
OP
R

robmenn

Nov 3, 2014
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like this belt buckle. I wasn’t able to get any info about the age so any additional
Info would be appreciated.

IMG_2560.JPG

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
"Maybe" Canadian Grenadier 15th Foot Regiment "Cap Badge"?

I would like to believe that this had some part with "Oak Island"

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/oak-island/441806-oak-island-strange-bizarre-maybe-truth-3.html

Canadian Grenadier 15th Regiment.jpg

Canadian Grenadier Badge.jpg

“15th (York, East Riding) Regiment of Foot
Formed in 1685 and designated as the 15th in 1751.The regiment arrived in Halifax on April 15th, 1758 and took part in the siege and capture of Louisburg that June at a strength of 859 . From Louisburg it went to Quebec with Wolfe, It fought in the great battle on the heights of Abraham, and after Wolfe's fall served at the defence of Quebec, and with the force sent against Montreal under General Murray, which completed the conquest of the Canada's. Next, it was at the capture of Martinique, and it the siege and conquest of the Havana in 1762, and was quartered for eleven months in Cuba, thence proceeding to New York, and afterwards back to Canada, where it served many years.”

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread