Central American celt found in Honduras

jens825

Aug 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20 years back my uncle found this celt in honduras central america, i have no idea if its real, how old it is, how much its worth etc.
Is there anyway to authenticate it, or anyplace to get it appraised? Any information on it from the pictures would be helpful, Thanks! f.jpg g.jpg tn.jpg

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to Treasure Net !!
I'd go here for authentication:
Princeton University Art Museum Princeton, NJ 08544 609-258-3788
OPEN Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.,
Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., and Sunday, 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
The Museum is free and open to the public.
Don.......

theonlinefisherman

Aug 10, 2012
West Central Florida
Detector(s) used
I am a digger of stone, bone, coral, and shell.
I am normally on the American artifact forums. But that looks exactly like a few I have in my collection :)

From $50 to $400. Considering the provenance and the fact that it looks purrrrfect, I would lean towards the high side. The provenance is almost more important (almost) than the quality. Hard stone is copied a lot. I have seen axes and celts like that that I would not authenticate. I have stone tools, and they are very valuable, but I know where they came from or the people I got them from knew exactly where they cane from,

That rock is beautiful. Anybody know what it is? I do not see back celts all that much. Our hard stone is mostly grays. Very dark sometimes, but gray. That is a beautiful piece to see. Thanks for showing it to us,

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread