Wes-N-VA

Nov 9, 2008
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
The XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Roadquest said:
Awesome finds..I'm in Petersburg. My 1266X Fisher and I would be happy to join you at your site ;D

Living in Petersburg, you should have pleanty of wonderful sites. I had a nice farm in Petersburg until last year when someone bought the land and kicked me and my buddy off of it so we would not find something and shut him down from building houses. Bummer, because I pulled 2 box plates, 2 New York Buttons, NC Button, over 75 bullets, and some flat buttons out of there. It was closer also from Suffolk to Petersburg than to Richmond. Maybe we can share some sites someday? Did I read correct that your friend got killed by someone because he was protecting a relic hunting site? Thanks!

PS

Besides the few pictures you have posted do you have anymore Civil War stuff? This is just a few things I got the last 5 weeks or so.

Wes

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like some good stuff! The lead is of course nice. I also see percussion caps, half a cufflink, a rein guide (or "terret"), a harmonica reed plate, some pack studs, a knapsack hook, a nice ball button, a brass escutcheon, a parasol clip, and several pieces of oil lanterns.

Nice work! :thumbsup:

-Buckles

OP
OP
Wes-N-VA

Wes-N-VA

Nov 9, 2008
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
The XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BuckleElf said:
Looks like some good stuff! The lead is of course nice. I also see percussion caps, half a cufflink, a rein guide (or "terret"), a harmonica reed plate, some pack studs, a knapsack hook, a nice ball button, a brass escutcheon, a parasol clip, and several pieces of oil lanterns.

-Buckles

Thanks for looking and IDing some of my finds. I was having trouble with the oil lantern pieces till a few days ago when I found some in my relic book. I need to fix my picture. Thanks again!

Wes

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wes-N-VA said:
Roadquest said:
Awesome finds..I'm in Petersburg. My 1266X Fisher and I would be happy to join you at your site ;D

Living in Petersburg, you should have pleanty of wonderful sites. I had a nice farm in Petersburg until last year when someone bought the land and kicked me and my buddy off of it so we would not find something and shut him down from building houses. Bummer, because I pulled 2 box plates, 2 New York Buttons, NC Button, over 75 bullets, and some flat buttons out of there. It was closer also from Suffolk to Petersburg than to Richmond. Maybe we can share some sites someday? Did I read correct that your friend got killed by someone because he was protecting a relic hunting site? Thanks!

PS

Besides the few pictures you have posted do you have anymore Civil War stuff? This is just a few things I got the last 5 weeks or so.

Wes

Wes,

Ya, other than the few I chose to post a picture of. I have a couple more.

Clayton

mikep829

Jan 18, 2009
Bartlett, TN
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Wilson Coin Select
Wes,
You forgot to post what else you got out of the trip ;D......All that poison ivy :BangHead: :BangHead: :cussing:

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
That is some very nice looking lead.
You have got to love CW relics.
Congrats :thumbsup:

fortbball9

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wes-N-VA said:
BuckleElf said:

-Buckles

Thanks for looking and IDing some of my finds. I was having trouble with the oil lantern pieces till a few days ago when I found some in my relic book. I need to fix my picture. Thanks again!

Wes

If you have a question about the identification of something please feel free to drop me a line anytime.

Best Wishes,

Buckleboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions