Very nice.

have a good un......
SHERMANVILLE

Pimp Lenin

Apr 4, 2006
The Great State of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
P.O.S.
You are lucky to have that! How was this person related to you, and which unit did they serve with?

The gentleman seated is my great-great-great uncle, Lt. Willis W. Bankston, Co. D, 9th Louisiana Battalion Partisan Rangers one of four brothers to serve in the Confederate Army. If you look on his lapel you can see his Southern Cross of Honor. This photo was taken around 1917 and he was in the United Confederate Veterans. I wish I knew where that Southern Cross of Honor is today!

KempBankstonWillisBankston.jpg

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pimp Lenin said:
You are lucky to have that! How was this person related to you, and which unit did they serve with?

The gentleman seated is my great-great-great uncle, Lt. Willis W. Bankston, Co. D, 9th Louisiana Battalion Partisan Rangers one of four brothers to serve in the Confederate Army. If you look on his lapel you can see his Southern Cross of Honor. This photo was taken around 1917 and he was in the United Confederate Veterans. I wish I knew where that Southern Cross of Honor is today!

KempBankstonWillisBankston.jpg

My hat is off to the brave Confederate soldiers. Their sacrifices and dedication for a just cause are appreciated!

Thanks for posting great photos of the medal and your ggg Uncle Bankston!

:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions