Confederate Gold found in Canal at Augusta, Georgia

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
what you didn't know it really was found --- except it was buried at ------------ location there was -------------- lbs of it too. ;D :D :wink: ;D

R

rammjäger

ivan salis said:
what you didn't know it really was found --- except it was buried at ------------ location there was -------------- lbs of it too. ;D :D :wink: ;D
Yes I have the location and other details :icon_study: ::) ;D,
but all this is in a videocasette from History Channel some years ago.
I think the name was " The lost treasure of the Confederacy".

findstuf

Mar 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7
rammjäger said:

lol.. I grew up in the next town over from Augusta and I have never heard of that chest. By the way, I think that is up there with one of the best thread titles. There are a bunch of oddities in Augusta. The museum has columns on the front that were found in a field. They are ancient roman columns, no one knows how the got into the field. (i think they are roman) http://www.augustamuseum.org/images/buildingmini.JPG

edit.. wrong pic of the columns, they are on the reynolds side of the building

R

rammjäger

Somewhere among all my videocassettes is this one that I recorded
direct from a TV documental on that thema in the 90's.
I even remember some relic hunter Mdetecting an old Watermill hoping
to find it.
If I find this video I will note the names and other infos and post them here -OK?
HH,
Miguel
Ok - I found this video.It describes as when 4th May part of the Gold arrived with
Jefferson Davis
to Washington GA. from the original $ 450.000 there remained only about $175.000
in gold coins.
But there is a well known treasure hunter that investigates in Abbeville SC. an old mill:
the George Trenhorn's Mill. This man was the Secretary of Treasure for the Confederacy.
Many people believe part of these gold coins are still in this area.....
Very interesting .... hmmmmmm :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread