1830s farmhouse

01 medicated

Mar 2, 2010
N.C.
Detector(s) used
MXT 6x10dd-4x6dd
1830's farmhouse

Happy Holidays to all,my landlord owns acerage with 1830s house word has it that union troops comondered the farm for a few months,now nobody has ever searched this place to his knowledge,its been in his family since the 50s,although many people have asked they have been declined. He doesnt want anybody poking around his property that he really dont know,well he knows i detect and said he would take me out to the farm for a look around.He's wanting to buy a good detecta and wants me to help him decide on a good relic machine.I have a MXT with 6x9 dd and i believe i can hold my own with it although i've never had the good fortune of hunting a civil war site such as this,my question is with all the machines out these days what would be a good relic detecta,i really want to head him in the right direction as i believe i have come across a new hunting partner. Any and all replys are greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

RockyDig

May 9, 2005
Winchester, VA
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, GPX4500, AT Pro, F75 LTD, DFX, MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: 1830's farmhouse

You can't go wrong starting him with an MXT. You can find reasonably priced MXT's online and if he's not into digging...he can sell it easily.

Good luck with that spot and post all your finds.

OP
OP
01 medicated

01 medicated

Mar 2, 2010
N.C.
Detector(s) used
MXT 6x10dd-4x6dd
Re: 1830's farmhouse

Thanks Rocky,had the MXT for 6 yrs but never did any relic hunting with it but it has been very good to me in other areas of detecting,just have not kept up with all the new machines these days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread