ric

MidMoTreasure

Jul 2, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Super Sluice, Banjo Pan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is probably right next to the cave filled with buried loot from the James gang...

Seriously though, where I live in MO there are hundreds of caves. Each landowner claims that their cave once housed the James Gang or served as a base camp for bushwhackers. I will tell you that my research has indicated that the Confederate recruiters and irregulars tended to stash Union uniforms rather than Confederate uniforms. But I have not come across any account of Confederate uniforms or arms cached in a Missouri cave. I would imagine that if the story has any validity to it, the crystal meth tweakers would have already dug up the cave while they were digging for arrowheads.

mghcal

Greenie
Dec 26, 2008
I've been to a creek that has a collapsed cave that was supposedly the site where they hid stuff from the raid on the Liberty arsenal. Doubt that there's anything in it tho since it was probably searched years ago being so close to a road. I'm interested in the Missouri civil war especially the guerrilas. Anyone have any good sites online to research? My gg-grandfather was said to have ridden with Bloody Bill and Quantrill and I've got his old CSA reunion medal. Have never found any proof of it tho just old family stories.

MidMoTreasure

Jul 2, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Super Sluice, Banjo Pan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@ mghcal --

There are many books on the guerrilla war in Missouri. I have one called "We Rode With Quantrill" that includes actual accounts of men who were with Quantrill from the Boarder War days up until he was killed. What is your ancestor's name?

Kenjmor2006

Jan 14, 2011
CHICK ALLEN TOLD ME HE FOUND A CAVE IN THE OZARKS WITH MUSKETS AND CANNON IN IT,HE SAID HE LOANED IT TO A LOCAL MUSEUM AND THEY WAS SUPPOSE TO GO GET IT OUT,A WHILE AFTER THAT CHICK WENT TO CHECK WITH THE MUSEUM DIRECTOR,AND FOUND OUT SUPPOSLY NO ONE KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT IT,BUT WHEN HE CHECKED THE CAVE WAS EMTY.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread