lt george eastin captured

sssnake31

Dec 27, 2004
Northwest Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this on a search on google. Not sure if it helps or not but seems George Eastin was from Washington County New York, not Indiana. Here's what it said.

Wiliam Hutton's eldest daughter Margaret, who married the
Revolutionary War soldier George Easton, were easily worked out from the
Putnam church records and the Washington County New York history

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Morgan led the 3rd Confederate Cavalry which was later redesignated as the Kentucky 7th Cavalry. A search of the unit roster for the 7th Cavalry does not show any person named Eastin. If he was assigned to Morgan he must be shown in the roster of the 3rd Confederate cavalry. exanimo, ss

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
There I go again. Give the honest truth and forget something important. The two units I mentioned were the personal units of Morgan. On the raid he commanded all of these units ... two brigades consisting of men from the Second, Third, Fifth, Sixth and Eleventh Kentucky Cavalry and the Ninth Tennessee Cavalry Regiment commanded by General Basil W. Duke (Morgan's brother-in-law). Since we can't say that a Colonel commanded a General - Duke musta gone along for the ride. Morgan made general but exactly when I disremember. He made colonel after the Battle of Shiloh. exanimo, ss

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions