J-Fort Things

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I got rained out from work, and had a opportunity to be shown where a civil war fort was. Next to some tracks, Its in a circle. There is banks with cannon ditch all the way around, except the entrance. It was cool, just grown up,and spiders everywhere. First time there, spent time with land owner. Only had about hour with a detector. Found this chain thing IMAG0942.jpg IMAG0943.jpg IMAG0944.jpg . And I found a stick that had a signal, bout 35yrds from fort, towards tracks, stuck my pinpointer in a hole and got a signal, had to see, it looks to be a big, flat bullet, and have another, with same signal, I haven't opened up yet. IMAG0949.jpg IMAG0947.jpg IMAG0948.jpg . Ill be back soon, will share some of my finds. Feel free to identify the things, Thanks Justintime

Upvote 0

geologyjohn

Mar 18, 2009
West edge of the U.S.
Detector(s) used
WW2 mine detector, D-Tex Standard, D-Tex Deluxe, A.H. Pro Discriminator, various Whites, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher 1270, Fisher F75, Fisher Gold Bug,Tesoro Sand Shark. And maybe others that I forgot?
Don't know about the chain thingie, but I do know a bit about "bullets-in-wood" metal detector finds. Collectors value them when they are still in the wood and NOT dug out. Once out of the piece of wood, they are just another dug fired bullet to collectors, and of minimal value. I'd suggest that you leave it just like it is.
PS, NICE FINDS!!

OP
OP
Justintime

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks geo, I will leave it in the wood. I have another in wood ,but can't see it, what should I do. Same signal as the one posted. Thanks Justintime

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know I'm late on this, but if you can't see the bullet, very CAREFULLY start splitting off THIN slivers of wood until some of the bullet is revealed. Stay AWAY from the bullet so as not to damage or scrape it. The key thing here is slowly and carefully!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread