Gettysburg

ghost

Mar 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garret ACE250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was getting cabin fever, so I decided to drive up to Gettysburg this morning. Took some pictures and had the whole battlefield to myself. Was tempted to take my detector out of my car but kept on seeing signs that posted no relic hunting. I knew that anyway. I should have asked some those home owners that live on the battlefield if I could check their property. Ground was frozen over anyway.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

ghost

Mar 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garret ACE250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had that idea but not worth getting caught.

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey those are my best detectors. Lol
I live outside of cold harbor battle field. I know of someone who just had a machine in the car. He was arrested his machine was taken, there was a threat of taking his truck as well. He was also almost fired from his job due to where he works. IF IT IS PARK IT IS ILLEGAL TO BE ASSEMBLED!!!,

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO ,Just having a MD in your car/ trunk is a stupid reason for you to get into any trouble
( tho I can see a ranger Questing you)
IMO -One should be arrested/ charged if you attempt to use your machine on the property.

Example , last year we went to visit some family in Tunnel Hill Ga , & I had my machine JIC.
And on the way home we stopped by the Chickamagua Battle field ( just for a short visit) & DEF, NOT TO HUNT.

Ill be Darned If they tried to charge me with a crime just for having the MD in my trunk.

Just my opinion.
Davers

There used to be metal detector dealers outside Chickamauga in Fort Oglethorpe. Johnny Rebs was his name. Major Hwy through the park and we travel it often hunting surrounding farms. But I agree I would not even stop in any park with one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread