Help identifying items found near civil war battlefield site

Forty9erfan_52

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter and I were able to do some detecting around a civil war site that saw minor skirmishes. We are having difficulties identifying the objects found and I am hoping the experts on this board might be able to help me out. I believe the light colored one could possibly be a pistol bullet that has been fired (based on the two rings at the base). The dark colored small object has me stumped the most. I am leaning towards a possible percussion cap but am not sure. Thanks for everyone's help.

HH

Attachments

• IMG_20140812_013056660 (1).jpg
    IMG_20140812_013056660 (1).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 323
  • IMG_20140812_013108948.jpg
    IMG_20140812_013108948.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 273
Upvote 0

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please post pictures with something to show the size of your finds. It would help if you could also post some different views and better lighting would also help. I am only trying to help you get these items IDed. The first item does look like a bullet but your picture makes it look flat. And, I can't make out the second piece even when I enlarge it. Hopefully we'll get these items identified. Oh yeah, welcome to the forums. It looks like you may have a good site so hunt it slow.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please post pictures with something to show the size of your finds. It would help if you could also post some different views and better lighting would also help. I am only trying to help you get these items IDed. The first item does look like a bullet but your picture makes it look flat. And, I can't make out the second piece even when I enlarge it. Hopefully we'll get these items identified. Oh yeah, welcome to the forums. It looks like you may have a good site so hunt it slow.

What he said...

Please post even if you already found out what you have.

Davers

OP
OP
F

Forty9erfan_52

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will attempt to take better pics with a better camera. I have just returned from vacation and will try and get improved pics up ASAP. Thanks for the help fellas.

OP
OP
F

Forty9erfan_52

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok fellas. Here are better pics with a standard. Any ideas are appreciated. The small canister looking item was also found that the same general area as the other two items. Not quite sure what that is either. The piece of glass was wedged under the top that appears to have the Capital R facing each other. Thanks again. DSCF4936.JPG DSCF4937.JPG DSCF4938.JPG DSCF4939.JPG DSCF4940.JPG DSCF4942.JPG DSCF4943.JPG DSCF4944.JPG

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll have to admit that I am stumped. You might try posting these in this forum: What Is It? They will get more exposure and hopefully help with a correct ID.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread