flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got this from a guy who is retiring and moving. He is selling all his collection, so I asked to purchase this one.....! Any expert advice would be appreciated :)

image-3648084024.jpg

image-748844841.jpg

image-3854440435.jpg

image-954256421.jpg

image-954256421.jpg

image-1035315108.jpg

US Trench knife- 1917 A.C.CO, Blued Triangular 9" blade, studded "Knucks" hand guard with wood finger- grooved grip, no sheath :(

I

Upvote 0
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
In WW1 heavy trench coats were usually worn by everybody.They werent always easy to penetrate with an edged weapon,thats why the triangle blade,it punched through a lot easier.The A.C.co version is rarer than the LF&C version.Do you have the scabbard?Hope so,if not its worth a little less.My guess is its worth around 500 bucks give or take.Dont clean it to much or take any rust off of it with a wire brush or anything.you dont want to hurt the blued finish.

OP
OP
flyadive

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In WW1 heavy trench coats were usually worn by everybody.They werent always easy to penetrate with an edged weapon,thats why the triangle blade,it punched through a lot easier.The A.C.co version is rarer than the LF&C version.Do you have the scabbard?Hope so,if not its worth a little less.My guess is its worth around 500 bucks give or take.Dont clean it to much or take any rust off of it with a wire brush or anything.you dont want to hurt the blued finish.

No scabbard ! I won't clean it either , it's in pretty good shape! I'll just sit on it for awhile and hope it goes through the roof someday in price!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
No scabbard ! I won't clean it either , it's in pretty good shape! I'll just sit on it for awhile and hope it goes through the roof someday in price!

Doesnt hurt to sit on it.No pun intended:laughing9:Just wipe it down with a rust preventive every once and a while and wrap it up an a clean cloth.If anybody handles it wipe it down afterwards,otherwise you'll get rusty finger prints.Dont store it in a plastic bag,moisture might build up inside the bag.Nice find:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread