Found a Civil War Camp!

JD's Variety Channel

Dec 27, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Probe & Teknetics T2 Special
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Earlier this year my hunting buddies and I stumbled across an old civil war camp, which was around what would have been one of the only standing houses in the area during the civil war. So I assume they needed provisions (there were obviously soldiers all over the yard) I was wondering if anyone might know what the carved piece was intended to be? The hole doesn't go through. Just indented on both sides. Thanks! :)

Upvote 0

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A fun hunt indeed!

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
The item could be a game piece , such as a " Checker." Opponents would be smooth & his were marked with the hole, i.e.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Terrific hunt! I think the round object with a hole is a frock coat weight made to hold down the hems of a heavy woolen coat.

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video and I love your enthusiasm and excitement in it. You're right, there's nothing like being in a good civil war spot. That's great that the young girls are excited about the history as well. Get out there and find some more.

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man, I echo what the others have said. 30 bullets? AND a button?! Darn, DARN good day, my friend!

OP
OP
JD's Variety Channel

JD's Variety Channel

Dec 27, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Probe & Teknetics T2 Special
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man, I echo what the others have said. 30 bullets? AND a button?! Darn, DARN good day, my friend!

Thanks. It was a good day for all of us! We were very fortunate to hunt such a spot! Before this day I've never found more than 2 period bullets in a single hunt. However, civil war hunting is not my main focus. I'm more of a coinshooter. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread