Digger70pa

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There sharps & burnside carbine bullets. There is a three ring minie ball & a couple of colt dragoon bullets at the top.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I am with fyffytr1... WOW. Very well done.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Dang fine haul once again (Starting the year off right), Remind's me of the Calvary Camp I was Blessed to find a few years ago.

Looks like u got at-least 3 Starr Bullets as well. NICE! I still have never dug one. Instead My Camp Yielded about 7-8 Smiths .
Also of the many Sharps I dug all had the small cone cavity except 1 had the flat base.

MAN only Permafrost would keep me off that site. Of course this would also lead to alot of "Digger Dinged " Bullets.

Again love the pictures.
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just thinking ...

Many Spencer Bullets in this camp I found.

As I said in my last post to you that got deleted , This was the only Campsite I have ever dug on. (At-least one that was used for IMO 2 weeks:icon_scratch:. 'No huts'
Very few Buttons (No Eagle C's dang it!) lol

Could have been shorter term those yanks were very wasteful. As most people are today.:thumbsup:

Davers

OP
OP
Digger70pa

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey davers I really don't know what a star is buddy. Are you referring to the sharps that only have one ring? I thought they were different. Thanks for looking & replying to my posts. I'm hunting down around Harper's ferry. There were great big long term camps just accross the road from this camp. A crazy old man own the farm & by chance took a liking to me. He said me & my buddy are the only people he lets go there. I've only hunted about a quarter of his land so far. He has land that had winter camps on it. HH TB

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey davers I really don't know what a star is buddy. Are you referring to the sharps that only have one ring? I thought they were different. Thanks for looking & replying to my posts. I'm hunting down around Harper's ferry. There were great big long term camps just accross the road from this camp. A crazy old man own the farm & by chance took a liking to me. He said me & my buddy are the only people he lets go there. I've only hunted about a quarter of his land so far. He has land that had winter camps on it. HH TB

First you and your buddy are some Lucky Guy's.
I was talking about the bullets 'Second row up from the bottom & the last 3 bullets on the Right.

While I got you , What machine do you use the most on CW sites , if u don't mind.
I'm thinking HARD about a new machine.
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Starr Carbine bullet should measure , .54 cal, (diameter =.552 , length .91 & Weigh 443.Gr).

OP
OP
Digger70pa

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dave I use a G2 with a attack 15" coil. It's the best relic machine I've ever used. Now it won't find relics were there isn't any. But its not bad on coins either. I find Indian Head penny's all the time with it. I have a F19 also & its a good machine. But I'll stick to my regular G2. Simple very deep & it's quiet. The quiet part is what gets me buddy. Oh deep to.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
funny thing --is there are actual stars inside of the large musket type rifle minie ball's ( on the inside base) that were made in Washington

OP
OP
Digger70pa

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes there are .58 cal minie balls with a star in the base. I've dug quite a few of them over the years. There's also some with us in the base. I've been looking for one of them just haven't found it yet.

OP
OP
Digger70pa

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I took a buddy to a spot & he found one. Good for him.

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someday i hope to find a spot that will give me a day like that!!
Congrats!!

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great work . If the buttons are one piece do they have any back stamps? Best,

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave I use a G2 with a attack 15" coil. It's the best relic machine I've ever used. Now it won't find relics were there isn't any. But its not bad on coins either. I find Indian Head penny's all the time with it. I have a F19 also & its a good machine. But I'll stick to my regular G2. Simple very deep & it's quiet. The quiet part is what gets me buddy. Oh deep to.

Man!
Just now saw you answer to my "Machine" Question.

I'm not at all familiar with the G2 , I just recently got a G-43 but it put's bullets in the ground for future hunters to find....:tongue3:

IH'S Are pretty hard to find around here, (I avg, 5-8 a year) Did well & dug about 15+ this past year.

Most were "Toast" but got a Cooper -Nickel 1864 (Fatty) my 1st , 1st V nickel also at that Site.

I'd assume you would use the T2 or the TDI.
I know with the TDI ,One needs a pretty clean (Hunted Hard) site to get the real deep stuff OR Just Dig Everything ???

Well Good Luck to ya , & hopefully the Weather is letting you get out.:thumbsup:
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread