May Finds

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello all,
Thank you for viewing this thread.
The ground here is hard as rock. It is time for the rock hammer to break into clay soil. Hope the pick is not necessary.
Got this fired 44 caliber pistol bullet and was happy to find it. The Thomas book said Richmond Armory production was the source. IMAG1019.jpg

Found 2 possible 36 caliber round balls that were fired, but one may be a buckshot as it is not heavily weathered. They weigh 7 grams each.
The other object is a homemade percussion nipple protector said an online relic dealer site. Got a union eagle "I" button 20 yards away which was posted earlier. IMAG1065.jpg

Due to a treasure net member ISAAC with persistence on hunting a hunted out site (result = CSA buckle), it inspired me to hunt my hunted out site and a 1836 half dime was the result. I had honestly been in that field (1 acre) 20 times. The half dime looks ugly in the photo, but is slowly cleaning up and it is making it better. Sorry for cutting the coin edge. Will add a photo later if the final results are worthy of viewing. Probably been in the cultivated field 150 years. IMAG0991.jpg Still using the soda and hot water approach. If someone thinks repeated use of the mixture will destroy the coin, please advise.

Here is the coin after some acetone treatment. Hope I have not messed it up to bad. As it got cleaner scratches under the tarnish showed up.
This is new ground for me. IMAG1145.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Finds

I forgot you stated you had posted some pic's.
My Bad:BangHead:

I love pistol bullets (each one of my "Few" are worth Hundreds of $ each -to me :laughing7:
..'For Real' !

The nipple protector is one thing I have never dug...Very Nice piece.

As you know my opinion on the Small Round Balls ( A pain to ID ,For Sure) But considering where you found them 1 if not both my be CW period.

The Half Dime is Great no Matter the condition , Any 1800's Silver is .
It looked good enough for me with all the Black tarnish , Lot's of detail under that tarnish also.
At-least it's not 'Holed' but that would be cool with me to.

Now I want to see that button.

Good stuff A11
Thanks for posting.
Davers:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread