Last day of the year at a new spot

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A buddy & hunted a new spot today. I found three buttons. It's been a while since I had a button hat trick lol. While we were in the field a older gentleman came over to us. He said he lived across the road from the pasture we were hunting. He said him & his brother hunted that farm for years. I said so your the guy who's beaten this place up we all laughed. He also told us some things about the area. Some we knew some not. He said the camp was on the hill behind us. I guess next time there we'll be up on the hill lol. Anyways Happy New Year's forum members & may we all fill our pouches next year. HH Tim

Attachments

• 14832375758835.jpg
    14832375758835.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 14832376268726.jpg
    14832376268726.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 14832376629077.jpg
    14832376629077.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 0

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another excellent hunt! Nice job saving the history. Those buttons aren't going to be around many more years.

HH RN

OP
OP
Digger70pa

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks buddy. I know the three piece button fell apart & the general service button has cracks in it. The other buttons face turned to green dust when I dug it. These were in a pasture Field that's never been plowed.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More great digs , those 3 piece buttons can be fragile / 'hit or miss'..
Your NY button reminds me of one I dug a Couple years ago (in a wooded area) & 50 yards from where I found the Tin Back 'I''s last Summer.

It was in English Ivy , & I had been digging similar 'Junk' VDI targets , I swept the ivy away with my foot & BAM! a Sweet NY Vest but when I kicked away the Ivy , I dislodged the Face from the back, the button was in great shape with much Guilt left on the face & the inside of the face looked like New.

Funny I did not know it had a rim piece til I was cleaning the face. Anyway I glued it back together & it looks pretty Good , As you likely know NY buttons are fairly common & if it would have been a "Rarer " Button I would have had it restored professionally . + It came from a known Battle Site.

Sorry enough about my stuff , yr killing it & it sounds like good things may be over the next hill.
Thanks for the pictures.
Davers

OP
OP
Digger70pa

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
More great digs , those 3 piece buttons can be fragile / 'hit or miss'..
Your NY button reminds me of one I dug a Couple years ago (in a wooded area) & 50 yards from where I found the Tin Back 'I''s last Summer.

It was in English Ivy , & I had been digging similar 'Junk' VDI targets , I swept the ivy away with my foot & BAM! a Sweet NY Vest but when I kicked away the Ivy , I dislodged the Face from the back, the button was in great shape with much Guilt left on the face & the inside of the face looked like New.

Funny I did not know it had a rim piece til I was cleaning the face. Anyway I glued it back together & it looks pretty Good , As you likely know NY buttons are fairly common & if it would have been a "Rarer " Button I would have had it restored professionally . + It came from a known Battle Site.

Sorry enough about my stuff , yr killing it & it sounds like good things may be over the next hill.
Thanks for the pictures.
Davers[/QUO I know I've found quite a few New York staff officers buttons over the years. They are pretty common. I found a naval officers & a Rhode island officers button off of this farm. I always knew the place was hunted for years. Ive been putting in time going over it & nothing is shallower than 6". This farm has given up close to 300 dropped minie balls a breast plate bunches of buttons. My digging buddy has found a 4 reale a 2 reale & just the other day a trime. Lucky buck. We're in a heffer pasture now & we're finding some decent relics. Buck shot all over the place. I haven't been digging it. I'm trying to get the bigger stuff first. I'll put on a small coil & pound it someday. The NY officers button had bright white paper in it. I make paper for a living & found it cool to have some that old. Thanks for posting nice replies buddy. I hope you the best this year. HH Tim

Last edited:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is from the last couple times in the pasture. Good relics but nothing earth shattering. View attachment 1398276

I can not see the attachment but ill bet (for me) the find's would cause a 'Tremor' in my area.

If u don't mind what machine servers you best on that & most Farms/Pastures?

Also no Cloth on my NY button (I have seen it on other NY Types).
Ill bet ..I dropped the Cloth at the site when I dug it ,, during all my excitement.

OP
OP
Digger70pa

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can not see the attachment but ill bet (for me) the find's would cause a 'Tremor' in my area.

If u don't mind what machine servers you best on that & most Farms/Pastures?

Also no Cloth on my NY button (I have seen it on other NY Types).
Ill bet ..I dropped the Cloth at the site when I dug it ,, during all my excitement.

I use a G2 with a NEL Attack coil most of the time. I sometimes use a 13" ultimate coil also. I mess around with a TDI. It might do allright in this pasture. The ground is kind of hot. I love my G2 buddy. It's deep with a big coil on it. Very easy to use also.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a G2 with a NEL Attack coil most of the time. I sometimes use a 13" ultimate coil also. I mess around with a TDI. It might do allright in this pasture. The ground is kind of hot. I love my G2 buddy. It's deep with a big coil on it. Very easy to use also.

Thanks for the info.
I was guessing you were using the TDI ( after seeing what it ( an 6 y/o one) can do along with a Deeper GPX 4800) pulling 58's from depths that, I could not even get a Chirp on my Tejon at).
Part of the Site was 5-7 on the 'Hot Ness Scale' with 10 being the worst. I expected to get beat up there. but Down on the Flood plain is where the Deep minnies were coming out 20" + . That kinda was hard (walking over all those relics W/o hearing a thing.).
I'm in the Market for a new machine , Would love a GPX series but don't have enough sites ,where it would shine to justify the Cost. A TDI would be good to have in the Arsenal .
I been thinking F 75 ltd , T2 se or maybe even another Whites; MXT or V3??, or AT pro Hmmmm, One or 2 of each + NEL Coils.
Then again if i'm meant to find a certain relic the Lord will "Mask" it til I get there.

Will look at the G2. & Remember "Aces High".

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Digger, Congrat's to you on the Button finds and the other relics you found and saved. History Preserved. You did well. Continued Success to you on your return trip and up that hill to the camp site. Best of Luck to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread