CIvil War finds fro Saturday

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
It has been a while since we have been able to get out but Saturday was a nice warm day so we hit our Civil War Union camp. We did manage to find some relics and had a very fun day. We managed 5 3 ringers (one pulled) and a round ball. Nothing in the way of brass this trip, but we did get some cool iron pieces. We cot a wagon staple, a straight razor blade, and other odds and ends. The best find of the day would be what we think is a sabre bayonet. We are hoping that someone here might be able to help identify it or give us some information on it. We also found a latch of some kind and would like to know more about it as well. Anyway thanks for looking.

JimK

Attachments

• bayonet.jpg
    bayonet.jpg
    655.9 KB · Views: 118
  • bullets.jpg
    bullets.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 132
  • finds.jpg
    finds.jpg
    912.3 KB · Views: 128
  • latch.jpg
    latch.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 113
  • razor.jpg
    razor.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Upvote 0

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
JimK, Congrat's on some nice CW finds. I really like the pulled bullet and the bayonet tip. I've been blown away by some of the pic's. I have been doing some restoration work on some of my smaller relics over the past week and I have seen pics of the very same items I have been working on. I just finished yesterday a top portion of a bayonet that I found some years ago. Congrat's on some nice saves of History.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang fine hunt IMO.
The Latch thing is cool.
Sorry no info, on the Saber Bayonet , I'd have to dig one or own one to do the necessary research .

IMO You def, found a long bladed Something . lol

Again Nice Digs , Pulled Minnies always add the little extra "YEAH"! when I dig them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread