Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, I haven't been out digging much lately and here is why. My wife and I have recently purchased a hunting camp at the foot of Shenandoah Mountain and right below the Confederate breastworks that are known as Camp Johnson which are at the top of the mountain. We've been spending a lot of time getting things fixed up. This site was vital to the protection of the Railhead in Staunton VA and Western assault of the Shenandoah Valley. There where a few skirmishes on both sides of the mountain and a battle just a few miles west in McDowell. The breastworks and the surrounding National Forest is off-limits to metal detecting but I am very excited to own property in the middle of this historical site. I have permission to dig private land nearby and hope to obtain more. We are going out this weekend and I am going to try and get some Drone footage of the mountain if I can I will share the link. I look forward to using this Camp as a staging area for many Civil War Relic hunts. Just wanted to share thanks for looking.
5275f9dd0c19799c78fa0d624abd5c2e.jpg
94dbd444757f0440b73014bdaf2efba2.jpg
30e74ee5705361dd2644a465ea2f6e24.jpg
3a78bbb9df7ac4a03f4c85a018dd86af.jpg

HH, RN

If you are interested in some history on this site just Google Confederate breastworks on Shenandoah mountain and there is a lot of info.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Cool RN.
Looks like a Beautiful place. & GL on your digs.

N.O. noir et d'or

Dec 9, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
White's Dfx 300, Fisher CZ20, Garrett ATX, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good Luck at the new property RN! Hope to see some great posts in the future!

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's not to like about that location. I see lots of good relics in your near future.

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know how much area you bought but, you could probably spend the rest of your detecting life working that place and never finish! Good luck. The Mother Lode!!

OP
OP
relic nut

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know how much area you bought but, you could probably spend the rest of your detecting life working that place and never finish! Good luck. The Mother Lode!!
Thanks Bud. I don't have much ground, and most of what you see is National Forest and off off-limits, but there is some detecting near by.

HH, RN

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Relic Nut, you are truly blessed to own a piece of property that has so much History attached to it. Beautiful area. Best of Luck to you in your future hunts. Like said, I see some nice artifacts in your future.

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, you will be up to your ears in historical artifacts before you know it.

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a opportunity? Hope to visit the area some day my paternal ancestor lived near Staunton in 1739 until his death 1753. Need to pay my respects some day. Have lots of fun up there.

OP
OP
relic nut

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a opportunity? Hope to visit the area some day my paternal ancestor lived near Staunton in 1739 until his death 1753. Need to pay my respects some day. Have lots of fun up there.
Thanks man. I live about 8 miles west of Staunton. If you visit, look me up.

HH, RN

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you and I will. Southern Regards.JT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions