Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Upvote 0

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if this is the best place for my question, but I am looking for any information on A Peasley who served with the 2nd Rhode Island in the Civil War. I looked on two different databases and found nothing. Any leads would be much appreciated!

Lot's of great researchers on here , maybe ...or If it were me I post this also in the What is it Forum, & in Gen Discussion .
You will get many more views.
GL On your search.

OP
OP
B

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you! Just made a post in General discussion to see if I can drum up any leads.

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I searched the National Park Service (NPS.gov) Civil War Soldier database and Ancestry.com.

I found no record of any Civil War soldier named Peasley (or any variation of Peasley) from Rhode Island.

I did find some Peasley names beginning with 'A' in the New England area - Abraham, Arum, Alonzo, Alphus, Alexander, Austin, Anasa, and Albert - from Massachusetts, Maine, N.Y., and N. H.

OP
OP
B

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I searched the National Park Service (NPS.gov) Civil War Soldier database and Ancestry.com.

I found no record of any Civil War soldier named Peasley (or any variation of Peasley) from Rhode Island.

I did find some Peasley names beginning with 'A' in the New England area - Abraham, Arum, Alonzo, Alphus, Alexander, Austin, Anasa, and Albert - from Massachusetts, Maine, N.Y., and N. H.

Thank you for spending your time looking into this, I am beginning to think it may have been an item made by a civilian rather than a soldier.

OP
OP
B

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(Wikipedia) The regiment was organized in June 1861 in Providence. The regiment was initially assigned to the IV Corps of the Army of Northeastern Virginia (later became the Army of the Potomac) and saw its first combat action at the First Battle of Bull Run. The IV Corps later became the VI Corps of the Army of the Shenandoah, and the 2nd Rhode Island participated in several fights in the Shenandoah Valley. The regiment was mustered out of service at Providence on July 13, 1865. Wikipedia has A LOT of info and reference you could use on the 2nd Rhode Island.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread