Sword Guard

Dharmacy

Nov 1, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Varies with location and conditions.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a sword guard found South of Atlanta. I am finally getting around to taking pics of items I have found, this post is mainly a test to check the pics and see if I can put them up on here.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,022.8 KB · Views: 72
Upvote 0

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice sword guard. I used to hunt places in Atlanta too back in the 80's, but you'd probably need a posse of secret service to hunt there now.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a sword guard found South of Atlanta. I am finally getting around to taking pics of items I have found, this post is mainly a test to check the pics and see if I can put them up on here.

Very nice.
I have yet to detect below 'Grant Park' or South of it .

I would love to hit Jonesboro & other South Side areas but like everywhere else in the Metro Atlanta 'Development' has covered most relics + that is outside my "Comfort Zone" that needs to be Widened. ASAP LOL

OP
OP
Dharmacy

Dharmacy

Nov 1, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Varies with location and conditions.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sword guard came from an area near Fairburn they were clearing for a new subdivision. We found what appeared to be where some Union Troops were destroying some captured or confiscated weapons. It was a small area, but there were several broken small arms parts, broken blades, etc. also a broken D Guard Bowie and a Lasso Bowie were found as well. We cleaned it out before they started construction, that was around 2003 I think.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread