Joe G from Md

Joe G from Md

Dec 23, 2017
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000Di Pro plus/ Whites 5900/ started with Whites 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may be off base here and I can't speak for everyone, although I think the majority thinks as I do. Speaking for me when I post my relics I like comments good or bad I guess I am showing off a little bit but I personaly think every relic deserves some sort of comment. My last two posts have had 196 views and one reply and that was my brother. I have a lot of relics not seen by anyone in 30 years give or take a few years. I would like to think they are interesting to someone besides Dharmacy and Mike, thank you both for your interest. I know everyone viewing is not a member but out of 200 come on. I guess I am wasting my time if they are not interested. It says the Civil War thread is to discuss relics maybe if I put a rock on there and said it was a belt plate I might get some replies. I apologize for the tantrum I just really thought my relics were nice. again I apologize!

OP
OP
Joe G from Md

Joe G from Md

Dec 23, 2017
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000Di Pro plus/ Whites 5900/ started with Whites 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost forgot Devildog and Davers thanks for your interest also!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Joe, your relics are both nice and interesting. I enjoy seeing the pic's of your finds. Relics never get old. Lol Keep up the posts.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may be off base here and I can't speak for everyone, although I think the majority thinks as I do. Speaking for me when I post my relics I like comments good or bad I guess I am showing off a little bit but I personaly think every relic deserves some sort of comment. My last two posts have had 196 views and one reply and that was my brother. I have a lot of relics not seen by anyone in 30 years give or take a few years. I would like to think they are interesting to someone besides Dharmacy and Mike, thank you both for your interest. I know everyone viewing is not a member but out of 200 come on. I guess I am wasting my time if they are not interested. It says the Civil War thread is to discuss relics maybe if I put a rock on there and said it was a belt plate I might get some replies. I apologize for the tantrum I just really thought my relics were nice. again I apologize!

You can't go by the number of views because every time you look at the thread it counts. And some folks, me for one, look at the same thread more than once. There are also a lot of folks here that look but don't post for whatever reason. I have posted stuff that should have been on the banner(everything I post is banner worthy!:laughing7:) but didn't get one reply. I post for people to see. If they want to reply that is fine and if they choose not to that is fine as well.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds Joe!!! Congrats

"D"

Dharmacy

Nov 1, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Varies with location and conditions.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I know what you mean, I have just chalked it up that the CW forum doesn't get as much traffic as some of the other forums. I like seeing different relics and I post things from my collection that I hope will help educate or at least give an example that could help someone ID a relic that they have dug. It would be nice if there were a little more discussion about the relics posted, but maybe that will come with time. Keep posting and I plan to do the same. I have learned a lot from what has been posted so far and I have been digging relics for a long time.

D.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I love ,em all, I wish that I could post all my stuff (nobody in the family really cares) & 'it seems' at the Club unless its a plate , Carved Badge , Shell, or Confederate button , seem's to barley get a mention . Heck my rough tin-back 'I''s only 1 or 3 out of 35+ said "Nice Digs" 'At my Club , so I quit taking my finds in unless they meet the "high bar" set by the Vet, diggers. + they no longer give a prize for find's of the month. Why even have it.

The CW Section don't get that many views but still more comments would be nice , a 1958 Wheat Cent will get more views / likes than most or our relics, on Today's Finds .

Hell Don't need likes to know I got something special or i'd post in todays finds but my finds are usually a Month or more old by the time I clean them up.

Joe I know yr not "Showing Off" yr actually educating & even learning some yourself.

Like I told A11, I want to see every crushed General Service Button or fired .31 -.36 caliber balls he digs, as they all are a part of the history of his area & our country.

Please Keep posting , I have been offline more lately ,especially this past week as my Humble Uncle suddenly was called home to Heaven.
&
One of my Machines quit working , that triggered my OCD Worry.

Like I said I hope to picture all my 'dig's' someday , & not be like the National Parks & box them up in storage for no-one to ever see.

I thank you for your time & effort to document & show us your finds, tho many make me Green with envy. lol
Davers

I just want to add that when it comes to Find of the Month at my Club , I have to contend 2 times a year with the Guy's who pay Big Bucks to go to DIV, nothing wrong with DIV's , but when my local relics have to contend with 'Shaler's' , & all types of Camp relics & 'Shells' like in the Fall Hunt I think it was , it's hardly fair. Oh Well.

Last edited:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.44cal Sage revolver bullets found in cavalry camp, Longmeadow Hagerstown Md. At least I think they are Sage.

They do look like Sage Bullets , but also resemble a Kerr or even a Leet & Hall, but I should really check my Mason & McKee book.

They are very nice witch ever type they are.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread