Wanted: Albemarle (Virginia) Military Academy button - CW Period

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some other school buttons, but want to get one of these. PM me if you have one for sale. Thanks.

If you still don't have one by August 11-13 Ill search the Clubs Show, here there is a Chattanooga Show but my "egg fried' brain won't let me remember when .

The Dealer i'm thinking of is likely on-line tho.

I need a 'business card display' .

Ill put out a Bolo.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are hard to get and not cheap, except for one in bad shape. Condition is everything but I'm looking for a hole filler.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got money, no button....

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you still don't have one by August 11-13 Ill search the Clubs Show, here there is a Chattanooga Show but my "egg fried' brain won't let me remember when .

The Dealer i'm thinking of is likely on-line tho.

I need a 'business card display' .

Ill put out a Bolo.

Harry Ridgeway ? ( The relic man) Met him a nice guy.

The Civil War Relicman, Harry Ridgeway

Let me know when that show is and maybe we can meet up and go.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Relicman Sales Catalog, Buttons, Page4.

3/4ths of the way down the page

[FONT=&quot]A7239.3[/FONT]........available ....$75.
Four buttons available, all four $200.
[FONT=&quot]B7239[/FONT]... [FONT=&quot]Virginia cadet button, Virginia Military Institute, low convex, die variant spear touching the bottom of the "D", "D. EVANS & CO. / ATTLEBORO" dm on a ribbon[/FONT], (21mm). Button depicts state seal of Virginia, "CADET / VMI", Virginia Military Institute, Lexington Virginia, which played a major role in the Civil War. The famed "Stonewall" Jackson was an instructor there, many Confederate officers were trained, cadets participated directly in the famed battle of New Market, Virginia, and union General Hunter burned the institution in 1864. It was re-built and re-opened after the Civil War and is a highly respected academy known for its tradition. This die variant features the spear touching the bottom of the "D" and "V.M.I." is punctuated with three periods. Dating of this button is uncertain, D Evans took over production for R & W ROBINSON in the early 1850's and adopted the style of ribbon backmark previously employed by R & W Robinson, however few battlefield recoveries have been made of the Evans marked buttons. Backmark: "D. EVANS & CO. / ATTLEBORO" dm on a ribbon with flower, inscription runs counter clockwise, ca 1850's - 1860s, (Evans220) Two part low convex button, cadet coat size. Nondug buttons. Reference: Albert SU408, not listed, Tice VAS294D2.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread