Georgia Button

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20180623_191903.jpg 20180623_192032.jpg 20180623_192143.jpg 20180623_192326.jpg
Uploaded this for my Happy Husband. He will elaborate later.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful button Davey, big time congrats! --JB

Thanks JB.
You gotta know this is just about tops on my 'Have dug' list.

P.S. Got to make a trip down to the area you referred me to , I have come to know it & it's wildlife in the 40 + hours I have spent there since Winter , the former landowner just texted me saying "tree cutting has begun & it's ugly".
I hope to save a few more Fired Minnie's / Case Shot from that area ; in the forested area the Bullets were averaging 12 + inches. Sooooooo???

Good Day
Davey

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's in a lot better shape than the one I found. Congratulations on a hard to find button!

Yes Sir.
I got Blessed on the condition as the other 2 buttons I found in the area are pretty Toasty.

Yours look's good to me , I drooled over it many times since you dug it & your other confederate button.

It was about 20 years in coming.
Good Day down there .

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find Dave. Congratulations!

Thanks Hawks88.
I'd sometimes give Kidney to live in old NY state to get them sweet US & Canadian coins , & etc, y'all do.

Then again Ill guess you wish that Civil War relics were around you.

"The grass is always greener" as they say.
Davers

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the button find! It looks to be in great shape too!

D.

Thanks again Dharmacy.

If I recall right & my research is correct you 'Special ' LA with TX back was made by the same maker in LA.

'Lovin this one'.
Davey

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
BIG congrats Davers! That's a really sweet local button. Great piece of Southern history!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dave, Congrat's to you on the find of the Georgia button. These are indeed hard to come by. I know this find helped to make your Father's Day that much more special. What I would give to come across one of these in our neck of the woods (So to speak). Well Done. This will help to further enhance your collection.....and from the home state too.:notworthy:

TerryEastTexas

Oct 26, 2004
Palestine. Tx.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on a super find. That's one fine button to say the least. The best to you.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BIG congrats Davers! That's a really sweet local button. Great piece of Southern history!

what a great find, its wonderful, keep digging, there is always on more.
thanks for posting, marion from s.c.

Awesome button buddy.

Dave, Congrat's to you on the find of the Georgia button. These are indeed hard to come by. I know this find helped to make your Father's Day that much more special. What I would give to come across one of these in our neck of the woods (So to speak). Well Done. This will help to further enhance your collection.....and from the home state too.:notworthy:

Thanks Tom , I hope you can uncover a Nice button some day (if not already )? As I believe anywhere in the SE especially it's possible.
Did you ever go on that CW Hunt , forgive me if i'm thinking of another member.
Good Day

what a great find, its wonderful, keep digging, there is always on more.
thanks for posting, marion from s.c.

Thanks Marion GREAT! relics are to be found in SC, I'm sure you have seen them & found some yourself.
Peace to you in the 'Palmetto' State.

Awesome button buddy.

Thanks Brother as I said it's been a long time coming.
GL Up there or continued good luck as you been digging good stuff lately. Esp, for Summer.

Well devildog , you would know how hard they are to dig but the condition is a true Blessing , It makes me wonder as there was activity near the spot I found this until late 1940's ( I also dug my 3 rd ever Buff Nickel , & 1943 Merc Dime together that day), I had pictures of Shield Nickles & Seated Dimes dancing in my head until the next Day, lol But Ill take -em.

There is also an abandoned falling in house 400 yards away. I was thinking the button was an early Skirmish site pick-up , then lost again in the last 50 + years ??? Then again I have (in the past few years) found Union GS buttons in similar condition. Also my Plain Face Militia Plate was found nearby in 2014 or so + I got 2 more fired Minnie's within a stones throw of the Button.

I def, wanna keep this one in the family forever.
Have a good one & thanks for your comments.
Davers

Yak1366

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2017
Ringgold, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett ATPro, ProPointer AT, Retriever II
Primary Interest:
Other
Great find there bud!! And what a unique present to dig on Father's Day!! Congrats!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find there bud!! And what a unique present to dig on Father's Day!! Congrats!!!

It was a very gratifying gift.

Hope you are well.
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions