devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So sad, stories and quotes from those soldiers who fought in that terrible war over 150 years ago. When reading stories such as this the reader can only imagine what the writer and thousands of other soldiers were going through in that quiet time or void just before they were thrust into a battle. We have all read some of what these troops were thinking: thoughts of home, thoughts of the sweetheart they left behind, cursing in thought those politicians that caused the war in the first place, and wondering if they would survive this fight or survive the war. I guess in some ways this void in time would be as much an enemy as the opposing army that was just across a deadly field waiting. It allowed soldiers minds to wander and ponder what the future held for them and their loved ones back home. Thanks for sharing this Joe.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like most war's this quote really stands out "Clearly it was not their war"

I suddenly got the Black sabbath song 'War Pigs ' playing in my head.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There certainly wasn't anything Civil about that war. Over 620,000 American lives lost. Nothing Civil about that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread