BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all.

I had posted this in the "Today's Finds" forum asking for an ID. I was not familiar with the Louisiana state seal buttons, but was thrilled to learn about them. T-Net is such a great source of information.

It's not in the greatest condition with both the front and back pushed in some, but I'm happy to have it. :icon_thumright:

wi6h1xe.jpg

dOp33nO.jpg

Hope y'all don't mind the cross posting.

Upvote 0

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh man I love it congratulations!! I was blessed to find one last week in Louisiana wish I very rate to find here because all our troops went northeast. Mine is the mother Pelican feeding her babies squid. Congratulations on your awesome historical find I love it.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hate you both :tongue3: J/K guy's!! Killer button!!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrat's to you Bladerunner on a Great find of the La. State Seal Pelican button. That is a great save of CW History. Very nice button. I'd love to add one of these to my collection as well.

OP
OP
BladeRunner2019

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys! I was shocked to find it where I did. New school grounds, but there had been an old house site there. Going to go back soon and see if there is anything else there.

Truth, once I found mine and started researching, I saw your thread. Yours is in much better shape than mine. Congrats man! You have been killing it lately. :icon_thumright:

civilman1, I completely understand what you mean. My 2 hunting buddies have both found US belt plates so I kinda hate them sometimes. :laughing7:

Dharmacy

Nov 1, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Varies with location and conditions.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man I love it congratulations!! I was blessed to find one last week in Louisiana wish I very rate to find here because all our troops went northeast. Mine is the mother Pelican feeding her babies squid. Congratulations on your awesome historical find I love it.

Actually the Pelican feed her babies squid is a bit of a misnomer. The scene depicted is a heraldic charge called "pelican in her piety" this represents a brown pelican, (the official state bird), wounding her breast to feed her young from her own blood, a symbol emblematic of Christian charity. Not trying to be a smart a$$, but I learned a lot of info about the symbol and these buttons when I was researching the one in my avatar.

D.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually the Pelican feed her babies squid is a bit of a misnomer. The scene depicted is a heraldic charge called "pelican in her piety" this represents a brown pelican, (the official state bird), wounding her breast to feed her young from her own blood, a symbol emblematic of Christian charity. Not trying to be a smart a$$, but I learned a lot of info about the symbol and these buttons when I was researching the one in my avatar.

D.

I’m not afraid of the truth thank you. IMG_1622.jpg IMG_1634.jpg IMG_1624.jpg

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Outstanding find, we don't find a lot down here in Louisiana, but when we do it's like finding the "Holy Grail", Congrats on such a beautiful button!!! "D"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions