Jan 3, 2020
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex,
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bet we can lend a hand...

What kind of info are you looking for? I like a good challenge. Did our man raise chickens? Found this entry under the Delaware section of "local correspondence", The Washington Star, March 19, 1896:

"Alfred Leida, our successful poultryman, is getting quite a number of orders for fancy eggs for setting and has a large variety of fine poultry in his yards here in town and at other points near by. The prospects are good for a bright season in this line. "​

I get that this is not relevant to the civil war, but who knows, maybe you're interested in his chickens too :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
njrelicgairl

njrelicgairl

Jul 1, 2013
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master and Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What kind of info are you looking for? I like a good challenge. Did our man raise chickens? Found this entry under the Delaware section of "local correspondence", The Washington Star, March 19, 1896:

"Alfred Leida, our successful poultryman, is getting quite a number of orders for fancy eggs for setting and has a large variety of fine poultry in his yards here in town and at other points near by. The prospects are good for a bright season in this line. "​

I get that this is not relevant to the civil war, but who knows, maybe you're interested in his chickens too :)

Was that paper from NJ? If so it could be the same person.His occupation was working as a delivery in stock produce after the war. So he could have raised chickens.

OP
OP
njrelicgairl

njrelicgairl

Jul 1, 2013
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was that paper from NJ? If so it could be the same person.His occupation was working as a delivery in stock produce after the war. So he could have raised chickens.
I would like to no What Regament,And Function he was in.

Inspector Comet

Jan 3, 2020
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex,
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

The Washington Star was a paper based out of Washington, NJ, but hard to say if it's the same person. Some digitized records are available through an online search though.

Inspector Comet

Jan 3, 2020
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex,
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got something in records for Civil War draft registration, doesn't have the info you're looking for but may have a couple of leads for you to follow:

32178_645874_0007-00019.jpg

OP
OP
njrelicgairl

njrelicgairl

Jul 1, 2013
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you in Inspector comet.
I cant make out the writing where it siades white or black on this book?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread