Just picked up a Thumbler Tumbler Model A-R2

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Finally picked up a tumbler. I went with the Thumbler Model A-R2, as I plan to simultaneously run my copper and silver, each in its own barrel. I have never tumbled before and it seems that everyone has a different recipe!

I plan to start off with Aquarium rocks and dish soap and see how that does. None of these are rare coins (that I know of), just beach clad for now and tired of spending elbow grease to get things ready for Coinstar.

Looks well made. The instructions talk about "oiling" it, but they don't include any oil and really don't go into what type of oil or where to oil it, etc, so I plan to do some more research on that part.

I hope to find other interesting things to tumble.

Signal

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just tried the lemon juice and salt combo, after using aquarium gravel and dish soap. I was really impressed with the lemon juice and salt!! Use 1 tablespoon for every 4-5 ounces of clad. SocalJim posted this and man, it really works!! I tumbled it for 35 minutes (30-45minutes). :thumbsup:
Finally picked up a tumbler. I went with the Thumbler Model A-R2, as I plan to simultaneously run my copper and silver, each in its own barrel. I have never tumbled before and it seems that everyone has a different recipe!

I plan to start off with Aquarium rocks and dish soap and see how that does. None of these are rare coins (that I know of), just beach clad for now and tired of spending elbow grease to get things ready for Coinstar.

Looks well made. The instructions talk about "oiling" it, but they don't include any oil and really don't go into what type of oil or where to oil it, etc, so I plan to do some more research on that part.

I hope to find other interesting things to tumble.

Signal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions