Anyone from SoCal- Where to start hunting??

heavymetal

Nov 10, 2005
SEA - Philippines
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
Greetings to everyone!!! My very first MD will be arriving tom and my first hunt would be the backyard ;D

I'm here in Riverside, California and I'm not really familiar with the legalities of MDing around here. I mean are parks ok? under the bleachers of local baseball or football fields ok?

Can't wait to get back home from work tom!

Thanks Y'all!!!!

S

stshawaii

what's up i'm in Corona.Ca i'm new to this hobbie too. i'm looking for other people to go Mding with ?

Z

ZumbroKid

Look for clubs in your area. They would know the rules, also fast way to meet others to hunt with. Have fun!

Jim McCulloch

Mar 27, 2003
Do a web search for Jeff Kinzli's California Metal detecing forum. Many of the forum members are located in the Riverside and San Bernardino areas. HH Jim (Yucca Valley)

S

SASQUASH

I live in Riverside county. I have hunted in all those places & never had a problem. Of course I hunt like the mountain man did in the 1800,s no borders no fences. SAS<><

pokerdad911

Mar 25, 2008
O.C CA.
Detector(s) used
Whites Idx Pro - DFX
Im in o.c . Everyone here seems to live to far from each other to go hunting. There is a club that meets in Garden Grove at the Womens Club on 2Nd Wed of the month i think. I know its the womens club just not sure on the night. Have yet to go. I kinda want to have my own click of hunters. My buddy and I go out once in a while. Looking for interesting places to go with history behind it.

aslterp7

Nov 1, 2009
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, automaxx pinpointer, garrett pro pinpointer
The Earps used to travel near my house and the Butterfield Mail route is near here too.

tesoroMex

Sep 10, 2006
Jackson, MS
Detector(s) used
Deeper/ Nokta / Elecroscope
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If any of you wants to go with me treasure hunting. I will be going to Joshua National Park next Sunday. e-mail an let me know, I got two metal detectors

[email protected]

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Heavymetal,
If you like there is a detecting club in riverside and they meet the first Friday of the month. Dues are $ 20 a year and it is a GREAT group there, here is the link to their website http://www.riversidetreasurehunters.com . You may also want to look at San Timeteo Canyon, I have a post here about some of the places you can go here's a link http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,268155.0.html . Banning, Beaumont, Lamb's Canyon, Reche Canyon, Moreno Valley, daytrips to the beach.... There are a ton of places to go !!!!!

Enjoy
PLL

RickeyBobby

Tenderfoot
Nov 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Riverside CA Looking for people and place to go let me know.

Don in SoCal

Jul 19, 2014
Corona
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800; 11", 6X9CT... Compadre; 6C, 8OOR, 3X18 Cleansweep...GM4b; 6X9DD, 6X9C ...ML Sovereign; 8 & 10 Tornado, 10X12 Detech SEF …GP3500, 6X8 Sadie, 12 EVO, 14 CT Mono&DD
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
to: pokerdad911

I've been to their club meeting. Great bunch of folks. Many beach hunters, a lot of CTX users, also parks (Mile Square park). Go make some contacts and tell them your interests and have some fun. You won't get any response if you don't advertise. Good Luck HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread