🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Bud....welcome to Tnet!....
Port Charlotte is a crap-wasteland of fill, sugar sand, shell rock, and 1960's to 1980's homes, with less than zero chance of finding anything decent.
There is an exception, which don't tell anyone I told you....
South on 41, just before you get to the Peace River bridge, take a hard right at the mini golf place, that little back round backtracks back to Edgewater Dr...that's and old neighborhood that dates back to the 20's-30's...those little side streets, Church St, Main St, etc... have some old houses and lots...also the Church has potentially good turf to hunt.
GET PERMISSION.
Also, the park area along the river, same neighborhood...worth checking out.

Now, if you are real ambitious....and want to hit it quick....like tomorrow AM, or ASAP....
Get over to PG, take a R on W. Virginia Ave....find a place to park....Goldstein St, on your R, up to Olympia....is a fresh street tear out, they just lifted the bricks for a drainage project. True that those streets get tore up all the time, but have they ever been hunted since constructed in the 1880's?.....good luck dude.

OP
OP
P

pylotttt

Oct 18, 2016
Port Charlotte Fl
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info.
You are correct about the junk PC. I tried my lot around my house and there is TONS of crap. Shells, sand, scrap pieces of copper tubing, round, heavy, yellow disks with very strange markings on them,,,,,,,
OK, the last one was in my dreams.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread