Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everybody, currently in Florida for work. I'm staying in Crestview and working on Eglin. Seems the bulk of this land is US GOVT property and against the law to detect. So I'm coming to you all for help. Since I live in the Columbus, GA area, this is all new territory to me. I want to stay within the law, and not ruin things for future detectorists, but don't know where to go. I'm mostly interested in old coins, so land detecting is the norm for me. Besides that, I'm sure the beaches got hit extremely hard during the off season. I'm trying to stay within a 1hr driving distance. I've been driving north of the FL and Alabama border, but not much luck.

It almost seems like the old plat maps here are intentionally suppressed from the public. The majority of Florida's maps go to years around the 1940's. Surely, we know this isn't the case. But with all the laws, and all of Florida's history, and all the metal detectorists out there, I'm sure the GOVT has no problem keeping maps that could provide locations to old towns, colonial settlements, Indian villages, battles, Spanish settlements, etc. hidden from us.

If anybody wants to link up, I sure would appreciate it. I've pulled 6 silvers within the last week and would like to keep that going lol. Looking forward to hearing from you all :).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread