Greenie
Nov 26, 2009
Shelbyville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,Whites DFX 300 , Matrix M 6, Coinmaster, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Detecting in Louisville

Do you know if it is legal to hunt in the Louisville public parks. I heard that they stopped it back in 2009, but I am not sure about it now. I live in Shelby County, KY and know nothing about Louisville. I am sure that there are several detectorist there close by you that can help with information.

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is still illegal to hunt louisville parks. But I live across the street from Senator Dan seims and I spoke to him the other day about him reintroducing the new metal detecting bill back into the senate and he said they had to reword a couple things to do this where it didn't pass before. These Archie's are making a big deal about people who metal detect, they call us thieves and say we are a disgrace to what they do I say eat a fat one ARCHiE.....LOL

dadzjunk

Greenie
Nov 26, 2009
Shelbyville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,Whites DFX 300 , Matrix M 6, Coinmaster, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was afraid that might be the case and I am sorry to hear that it is still illegal. I love detecting and try to leave the area in as good a shape or better than I found it by covering and tamping down my digs and by carrying off any trash that I find, but I guess that a few bad eggs, have ruined it for all of us. I had thought about driving to Louisville and doing some hunting in the older parks, but not now that I know that it is still illegal. Thanks for the information. Good luck on your future hunts.
dadzjunk

It is still illegal to hunt louisville parks. But I live across the street from Senator Dan seims and I spoke to him the other day about him reintroducing the new metal detecting bill back into the senate and he said they had to reword a couple things to do this where it didn't pass before. These Archie's are making a big deal about people who metal detect, they call us thieves and say we are a disgrace to what they do I say eat a fat one ARCHiE.....LOL

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dadzjunk said:
I was afraid that might be the case and I am sorry to hear that it is still illegal. I love detecting and try to leave the area in as good a shape or better than I found it by covering and tamping down my digs and by carrying off any trash that I find, but I guess that a few bad eggs, have ruined it for all of us. I had thought about driving to Louisville and doing some hunting in the older parks, but not now that I know that it is still illegal. Thanks for the information. Good luck on your future hunts.
dadzjunk

Me and my cousin hunt together alot. I however get to hunt a lot more than he does because I was medically retired from the marine corps so I hunt about every other day. Anyhow if u wanna get together on a hunt shoot me a pm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread