Anybody active in the Richmond area?

hightonehunter

Oct 21, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Elite 2200( First Texas ), Garrett pro pointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Theres a club around you....Central Kentucky research and recovery......they have meetings in Richmond.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
I'm new to the hobby and am looking for someone to take me out and show me the ropes. It's about to get cold though, I might have better luck next spring.

happy Hunting,
Ian

If you can stand the cold, this is a great time of year to detect. The ground is good and moist. If you can secure a good place to detect, I wouldn't mind helping you out. I'm teaching an 11 and 7 year old right now and I must admit, I'm getting tons of satisfaction being their mentor!

OP
OP
H

Haywire Haywood

Greenie
Nov 20, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Didn't know there was a club. Might have to check them out. 1320, where abouts do you call home?

OP
OP
H

Haywire Haywood

Greenie
Nov 20, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was up in Lexington this morning, didn't find anything I went up there for. $20 in gas wasted. LOL I found the club's facebook page and reactivated my account to make contact. I have a pretty severe dislike for FB.

GreatElb

Mar 24, 2013
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lexington parks rarely pay for the gas even when you live in Lexington. I have found a few that keep producing more clad on a regular basis with hopes of finding some jewelry to go with it, on average about $10 a trip every few months.

There seems to be an abundance of trash, can slaw, pull tabs, bottle caps, and foil to be found so the parks do give you a chance to really get to know your machine.

OP
OP
H

Haywire Haywood

Greenie
Nov 20, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was shopping, not detecting. LOL I went to Boonesboro park this morning, hoping to play on the beach, but the big red sign out front said they would put me under the jail if they found me with a detector there. Not surprising considering it's a historic area. The sign said it applied to all state parks.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
I stay away from clubs and tend to steer anyone looking for one away from them. It has been my experience that some of these clubs are formed by a couple of guys who have exhausted the places that they have permission to detect and use club members to gain access to new, virgin ground. Likewise, I will only lend help to someone new to the hobby if they provide the place to detect. Often times, I have responded to folks that have asked for help only to learn that the request was just a mask to gain access to a new place to detect.

OP
OP
H

Haywire Haywood

Greenie
Nov 20, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can see where that might happen. Good thing to look out for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread